Close
Photo

What if Naruto had succeeded in saving Sasuke?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#1 Kenny-kun

Kenny-kun

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:45 AM

Lets say Naruto had won his battle with Sasuke during the valley of the end fight and successfully managed to bring him back. Naturally, this would have followed with Naruto going to train with Jiraiya for 2.5 years (as there'd still be worry over Orochimaru coming back to the village to capture Sasuke). Sasuke would probably be closely monitored, hence making it unlikely for him to escape the village. Now, with Naruto gone for 2.5 years, that leaves Sasuke and Sakura in the village. Would this harm or hurt NaruSaku?

#2 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:52 AM

I think with what would happen, it could be very different. I know I'm exploring that possibility with a story I'm reworking, Kenny, so trust me when I say that you raise a good question.

Bryon

#3 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:23 AM

Well, let's look at some of the differences.

Sasuke wouldn't need to be "rescued", so Naruto wouldn't spend all his time concentrating on him instead of his own training.

Naruto would have fulfilled his Promise of a Lifetime to Sakura, thereby strengthening their relationship.

Orochimaru had already changed bodies by the time Naruto and Sasuke fought, so him seeking out Sasuke at that time wouldn't be very important, as he'd most likely be trying to regain his footing in his new body, which probably takes quite a while. What with the whole "Eating someone's soul" thing.

Sasuke would most likely have been detained by ANBU, or even jailed. Whether he suceeded or not, he still tried to defect to an enemy nation, and got several people hurt in the process. The truth about him leaving would have come out as well, and there's a large chance the civilians of Konoha would have been calling for his execution, with the rapid mood swings they seem to have.

Naruto most likely wouldn't go on any trip with Jiraiya, as he wouldn't want to leave things the way they are in Konoha at the time. Jiraiya was worried about Akatsuki, but Naruto only went with him because of Sasuke's defection. And it's not like he got anything out of those two years of training, anyway.

#4 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:02 AM

I think Naruto would still train with Jiraiya, but that would at later date and possibly to fight the Akatsuki later down the line. Remember, there are other fish to get besides Sasuke.

Personality wise I don't think Sasuke is looking for love no matter if he came back or not. He would still be driven to revenge against Itachi, but just playing for a different team. His personality wouldn't change much,

Sakura would probably still swoon over Sasuke...as well as every other girl in the series...but it wouldn't last. Sasuke would just keep ignoring it time and time again and things would probably end up as they are now. Ino stills seems to have the hots for Sasuke as evident when she met Sai and thought he looked just like him.

The pairing wars would probably change as well with the two major battles between SasuSaku and SasuIno. Us NaruSaku fans would be around, but we would be in the backdrop instead of a major contender right now.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 10 December 2009 - 08:03 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#5 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:44 PM

Then we wouldn't have a plot and the story would be kinda boring because Sakura would probably still care about her looks and Naruto wouldn't have anything exept his dream to become Hokage to push him this hard and become this strong. It would most likely suck wink.gif thank god the sauce left, I never cared for him; him leaving was the best thing for Naruto and Sakura personality wise and also them getting closer. Narusaku ;P so yeah. Sauce stays Naruto not as pushed to become strong, Sakura a fangirl and yeah... That Akatsuki would probably have killed Naruto ;( and we don't want that now do we?

#6 Devil Keyz

Devil Keyz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:25 PM

^^ wrong, then Naruto would of been able to train for the whole 6 years with Jiraya, meaning he would be even more awsome and probally more perverted.
JI-RAI-YAHHHH

#7 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (Devil Keyz @ Feb 10 2010, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^ wrong, then Naruto would of been able to train for the whole 6 years with Jiraya, meaning he would be even more awsome and probally more perverted.
JI-RAI-YAHHHH

No... Naruto can only learn so much from Jiraiya, he wouldn't have been gone fore six years silly wink.gif

#8 Devil Keyz

Devil Keyz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:19 AM

but i always thought that was the time he was suposed to spend but only didn't cuz of sasgay? eh im confused ain't watched normal naruto ( non-shippuiden ) inna minute

#9 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:55 PM

If Naruto stopped Sasuke it wouldn't have made much difference, if anything could have ended much worst, Only way Sasuke would stay in the village is if he was kept under lock and key, otherwise he'd just leave or Orichimaru later on when Naruto left for training, Sasuke would be much more bitter and vengeful against Konoha than he is now, as they are not only stopping him from being the wanabe Avenger he claims on being,

The problem would be Konoha would have to keep him as an active ninja because of the threat of Itachi spilling their secret, so he'd still be kept a active ninja even if closely monitored and leave to join Orichimaru or fight his brother, which inturn would lead to him meeting Madara and he'd be even more bitter against Konoha and even more dangerous that he is now.

So on the whole Sasuke staying or leaving probably wouldn't make much of a difference except make him more deadly, also Sakura might not ask Tsunade to train her if Sasuke was in the village and might even be manipulated by Sasuke to join him on his vengence trip which would end up getting her killed and Naruto might not as strong because he probably wouldn't be as determined to train like he did with hiw Wind element and perfect the RasenShuriken.

So all in all probably a good thing he left the village it made everyone around him much stronger.

iAnby7W.gif

#10 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:34 PM

Here is one way it could have played out:

Naruto still trains for 2.5 years with Jiraiya, to prepare for when Akatsuki comes for Naruto.

Sakura would be more grateful to Naruto, but wouldn't have made the promise in the hospital (to work with Naruto). Would she still make the decision to apprentice with Tsunade?

Sasuke would likely be recruited by Danzo for ANBU, so that Danzo could manipulate Sasuke more directly. Sasuke would be even more bitter that Naruto was better than him, so would turn to *anyone* who could make him stronger. Sakura would not see Sasuke very much, between her duties to the Kage, and Sasuke skulking around the sewers with Danzo. (Danzo would have to be careful not to be detected by Itachi, of course.)

#11 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:32 AM

It would have been a different story altogether. Who knows Naruto would probably get more out of training with Jiraiya. Sakura would be a powerful ninja but woundn't take it too serious until Sasuke kick her to curve badly! Sasuke well... it can go either way. Remember he was fine until Itachi return.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#12 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:14 AM

If Naruto really did succeeded in rescuing Sasuke, I still think it wouldn't have matter. In fact, I think that his will to leave Konoha would have been even greater. Plus, he would have SERIOUSLY hate Naruto (I mean, look at the first time they fought. Sasuke, seeing the result of Naruto's progress, was piss)

As for Naruto, he would still have Akatsuki on him. He would have train anyway

Anyway, he would have leave sooner or later.

PS: Devil Keyz and Shippuden girl, stop bashing Sasuke, I don't like him but we shouldn't do that.

Edited by silverserenity, 13 February 2010 - 04:17 AM.

#13 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (silverserenity @ Feb 13 2010, 04:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Naruto really did succeeded in rescuing Sasuke, I still think it wouldn't have matter. In fact, I think that his will to leave Konoha would have been even greater. Plus, he would have SERIOUSLY hate Naruto (I mean, look at the first time they fought. Sasuke, seeing the result of Naruto's progress, was piss)

PS: Devil Keyz and Shippuden girl, stop bashing Sasuke, I don't like him but we shouldn't do that.

Oh no no! I didn't mean too (mostly) that was actually kinda a compliment because I was technically saying that because he left Naruto and Sakura have got'in closer and are able to be themselves (personality wise)

P.S
Good-night forum wink.gif it's 12:37am geez I can't think so sorry if I offended anyone, I'm just expressive when posting comments and they turn out screwy lol.. Bye!

#14 Devil Keyz

Devil Keyz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE (silverserenity @ Feb 13 2010, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me bash? thats obserd tongue.gif

Edited by Devil Keyz, 13 February 2010 - 07:13 AM.

#15 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Feb 13 2010, 06:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh no no! I didn't mean too (mostly) that was actually kinda a compliment because I was technically saying that because he left Naruto and Sakura have got'in closer and are able to be themselves (personality wise)

P.S
Good-night forum wink.gif it's 12:37am geez I can't think so sorry if I offended anyone, I'm just expressive when posting comments and they turn out screwy lol.. Bye!

QUOTE (Devil Keyz @ Feb 13 2010, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me bash? thats obserd tongue.gif

The bashing was because you called Sasuke by his popular but also a inappropriate name (I'm not gonna reppeat it because I would bash him and since I've warned you, that would be inappropriate for me)

and it OK guys, I too, get a little carried away sometimes when it come to Sasuke (yes, I'm guilty too...shameful of me). tongue.gif

Edited by silverserenity, 13 February 2010 - 05:11 PM.

#16 Devil Keyz

Devil Keyz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:14 PM

oh sorry about that, i guess its popular cuz it pops up in alota fanfics lol

#17 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:29 PM

I dunno, I think Sasuke would have still turned toward the dark side. Even if Naruto had dragged him back from that fight don't forget that Sasuke went through that transition in the barrel where he "died once." After that happened with the sound ninjas, his change was more than just a choice, it was a physical and mental alteration. It's just as he told Naruto during their fight, "You're too late!"

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#18 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Devil Keyz @ Feb 13 2010, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh sorry about that, i guess its popular cuz it pops up in alota fanfics lol

Yes, that is so true tongue.gif

#19 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (silverserenity @ Feb 13 2010, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The bashing was because you called Sasuke by his popular but also a inappropriate name (I'm not gonna reppeat it because I would bash him and since I've warned you, that would be inappropriate for me)

If I may ask for educational purpose.....why "That Sauce?" I don't quite get it. I mean I get it, but then I don't get it. Also, how is it bashing? Sort of makes for a cool nickname like when they say Naruto is the "Knuckled-headed ninja."

Sorry to go off topic.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#20 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (Devil Keyz @ Feb 10 2010, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but i always thought that was the time he was suposed to spend but only didn't cuz of sasgay? eh im confused ain't watched normal naruto ( non-shippuiden ) inna minute

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Feb 14 2010, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I may ask for educational purpose.....why "That Sauce?" I don't quite get it. I mean I get it, but then I don't get it. Also, how is it bashing? Sort of makes for a cool nickname like when they say Naruto is the "Knuckled-headed ninja."

Sorry to go off topic.

I would think it would be obvious why it's considered bashing. Using the term 'gay' negatively to describe/refer to someone is offensive. People have become so complacent about the term by always going "oh that so gay" that they don't even realize how negative/rude they're being.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users