Close
Photo

Does Sakura really loves Naruto as she loved Sasuke?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Naruto_Ninja

Naruto_Ninja

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

Hi guys new here so don't know whether their has been discussion this topic. So sorry if it has already been done.

I was wondering that their is hardly any proof according to which Sakura has developed romantic feelings for Naruto. I mean yes Yamato's uncompleted sentence was their but that doesn't confirm how Sakura felt. I usually get the vibe that Sakura's love for Naruto is more sibling like than romantic.

We all will agree on this fact that by the end of part 1 Sakura didn't have any romantic feelings for Naruto. She had developed care for him but not love, which can be easily be proved as she was ready to leave everyone behind and go with Sasuke.

In Part 2 their has been many moments where Sakura has shown CARE for Naruto, but that CARE cannot be termed as romatic feelings in any way. As far as I know whenever Sakura is asked about or talked about her love she starts to remeber Sasuke(doesn't matter if it is in negative way, but she does remember him not Naruto). Her confession to Naruto which to me definitely was fake and I would be lying that I think of it as true if I ever say that, chapter 540 etc. I mean yeah it is completely possible that her romantic feelings for Sasuke are withering, but their has been no such time when I have believed that she has started having romantic feelings for Naruto. Definitely Sakura nowadays always supports Naruto more than Sasuke but that doesn't mean she loves him, does it. She just supports Naruto more because he is the better person inside.

Moreover, kishi has played with pairings too much that in the end I really don't know how will he make Naruto not look like a silver medal/backup plan of Sakura, if he decides to close up the manga with NS.

#2 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

My kitten storm radar is going off.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#3 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

We Definetly have no control whatsoever on what Kishi Wants to do though. I'm not Good at answering this types of question. I guess all we can do is Believe.

It all comes down to Developments and Logic I guess.

Naruto and Sakura's Relationship for me is the most developed one in the Manga and Compliment each other pretty well.

Thats my 2Cent of this Matter.

it all comes down on what you believe and your own personal opinion on what kishi does to the pairings. LOL.

btw. Welcome to H&E.

Edited by nikki1314, 16 August 2014 - 03:26 PM.

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#4 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

Honestly, why don't you new members first browse through the website properly before forming new threads? The same arguments have been put up by many others before you and they have been countered effectively. I have been a member for 30 days now and already I'm tired of seeing these same kind of 'I'm a NS fan but I have no faith in NS' threads. I cannot imagine how bored the long term members feel when they see such threads. Please browse through the website first before making newer threads and if you have something to share, post it in those earlier created similar threads. We'll answer your posts there if you have anything other than these similar&often debated arguments.

Edited by ns.Believe.It, 16 August 2014 - 03:42 PM.

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#5 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

Welcome.

One of the biggest issues I see a lot is people not believing Sakura is in love with Naruto despite many times showing how much she cares, blushing, and other times of intense feeling she exhibits. It is also not the first time in an anime or manga when a girl loves a guy and doesn't really know that she does love him. Re-reading Kaze No Stigma, it is the exact case with Ayano who is in love with Kazuma and everyone knew she was long before she even knew it herself.

That being said you mention how she cares for Naruto, but this does not prove she loves him or is in love with him. While this is true and you can care about someone without actually being in love with them, what makes you think this is the case with Sakura? Also, think about this, how come when she cares for Naruto people don't think anything of it, but when she shows care for Sasuke or wants to save him as much as Naruto does...people automatically jump to "Sakura is in love with Sasuke?" If by logic that caring for someone does not mean love, then why do people keep thinking Sakura is in love with Sasuke or Naruto is in love with Hinata based on that same argument? "Because they care about them."

This double standard is another argument that really bothers me because it really points out the bias of people

"Caring about someone does not mean true love, but Sakura cares about Sasuke and that means she loves him."
or

"Naruto was worried and cared about Hinata during the Pein Arc. That means he truly loves her. Just because Sakura cares about Naruto does not mean she is in love with him."

Do you see what I mean by this?
Many fans, including some NS fans, continue to believe that when it comes to SS and NH, if Sakura cares about Sasuke and Naruto cares about Hinata, that means they are in love with them. However, if Sakura shows care for Naruto or Naruto shows care for Sakura they say it is not love because caring about someone alone does not mean love. "You can care about them in a platonic way."

Edited by James S Cassidy, 16 August 2014 - 04:04 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#6 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

The real question should be "Does Naruto really loves Sakura as he loves Sasuke?".

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#7 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

Sakura's feelings for Naruto are so far unknown. But to say they have a sibling relationship, is very wrong. If their relationship was more sibling like, I probably wouldn't ship them together. I have faith that in the end NaruSaku will happen. SasuSaku is looong over!

#8 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Firstly welcome to H&E.

In my opinion she already fell for Naruto but she still doesn't understand it.Her experessions,worries for Naruto is a sign.Yes she still cares about Sasuke but she's not the same girl who puts Sasuke above everything.She's selfless now.She changed since Sasuke left.She is one of the people who support Naruto and his dreams.Hinata loves Naruto but she never knew why Naruto suffered this much.But Sakura knows his pains,his dreams and she wants to help him.She cheers up Naruto while she needs that morale.She loves Naruto and still cares about Sasuke.She'll support him until the day he dies.These are my opinions.But if we go by logic,NS is the most developed pairings,has paralels with MK,OR or JT which Kishi loves to use.And many more.I love NS because of these things and I believe in this pairing.

Btw thank for reminding me why i love NS. :smile:

tumblr_nipy94W2uE1tjr97wo2_500.gif

#9 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

The real question should be "Does Naruto really loves Sakura as he loves Sasuke?".

2uihm3s.jpg

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#10 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

Oh ssshhh.This is a secret every NS fan must hide.Everyone knows the answer.

tumblr_nipy94W2uE1tjr97wo2_500.gif

#11 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

Deep down, we all know the answer to this question don't we?  :chuckle:

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#12 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

Manga Evidence

Official Character Data Book:  “WHEN SHE WAS YOUNGER, the one Sakura yearned for was Sasuke. Naruto WAS merely a nuisance who came between her and Sasuke. But as she goes over the various missions in the past, Sakura comes a realization. When times were hard, when she wanted to give up on life, it was always that nuisance, NARUTO, who protected and encouraged her. How does she feel about Naruto? Sakura has still not found the answer.”

"Her childhood friend has matured faster than she expected. IT CAUSES HER HEART TO BEAT FASTER..." 

I'd like to see something half as proofy as that ^ for either Naruto or Sasuke. No, doesn't exist? I see. The thing is, neither NaruHina or SasuSaku have overt hints like that, "How does she feel about Naruto? Sakura has still not found the answer." That's pretty obvious that Sakura feels romantically conflicted about him. The only "proof" of feelings Naruto has for Hinata are actions of a comrade which are romanticized - which is exactly what we get berated for. 

Anyway, I doubt Naruto will end up seeming like a consolation prize for Sakura, because (especially in part 2) I've seen all the development. Sakura may consciously think she likes Sasuke (though not even that is confirmed), however, I think she'll come to love Naruto without needing a rejection from Sasuke, and will consciously realize that he's the one she loves. 

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#13 Raito

Raito

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Playing Football(Soccer)®

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:17 PM

Manga Evidence

Official Character Data Book:  “WHEN SHE WAS YOUNGER, the one Sakura yearned for was Sasuke. Naruto WAS merely a nuisance who came between her and Sasuke. But as she goes over the various missions in the past, Sakura comes a realization. When times were hard, when she wanted to give up on life, it was always that nuisance, NARUTO, who protected and encouraged her. How does she feel about Naruto? Sakura has still not found the answer.”

"Her childhood friend has matured faster than she expected. IT CAUSES HER HEART TO BEAT FASTER..." 

I'd like to see something half as proofy as that ^ for either Naruto or Sasuke. No, doesn't exist? I see. The thing is, neither NaruHina or SasuSaku have overt hints like that, "How does she feel about Naruto? Sakura has still not found the answer." That's pretty obvious that Sakura feels romantically conflicted about him. The only "proof" of feelings Naruto has for Hinata are actions of a comrade which are romanticized - which is exactly what we get berated for. 

Anyway, I doubt Naruto will end up seeming like a consolation prize for Sakura, because (especially in part 2) I've seen all the development. Sakura may consciously think she likes Sasuke (though not even that is confirmed), however, I think she'll come to love Naruto without needing a rejection from Sasuke, and will consciously realize that he's the one she loves. 

^ This.

Fate%2Bstay%2Bnight%2B6.gif

#14 Naruto_Ninja

Naruto_Ninja

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:19 PM

Welcome.

One of the biggest issues I see a lot is people not believing Sakura is in love with Naruto despite many times showing how much she cares, blushing, and other times of intense feeling she exhibits. It is also not the first time in an anime or manga when a girl loves a guy and doesn't really know that she does love him. Re-reading Kaze No Stigma, it is the exact case with Ayano who is in love with Kazuma and everyone knew she was long before she even knew it herself.

That being said, you mention how she cares for Naruto, but this does not prove she loves him or is in love with him. While this is true and you can care about someone without actually being in love with them, what makes you think this is the case with Sakura? Also, think about this, how come when she cares for Naruto people don't think anything of it, but when she shows care for Sasuke or wants to save him as much as Naruto does...people automatically jump to "Sakura is in love with Sasuke." If by the logic that caring for someone does not mean love, then why do people keep thinking Sakura is in love with Sasuke or Naruto is in love with Hinata based on that same argument? "Because they care about them."

This double standard is another argument that really bothers me because it really points out the biasedness of people
"Caring about someone does not mean true love, but Sakura cares about Sasuke and that means she loves him."
or
"Naruto was worried and cared about Hinata during the Pein Arc. That means he truly loves her. Just because Sakura cares about Naruto does not mean she is in love with him."

Do you see what I mean by this?
Many fans, including some NS fans, continue to believe that when it comes to SS and NH, if Sakura cares about Sasuke and Naruto cares about Hinata, that means they are in love with them. However, if Sakura shows care for Naruto or Naruto shows care for Sakura they say it is not love because caring about someone alone does not mean love. "You can care about them in platonic way."

But dear james, I never said that Sakura still does loves sasuke. I myself believe that their is a good chance that her romantic feelings for sasuke are withering even if she cares for him, but at the same time their is a very high possibility that she just cares for Naruto in a non romantic way. Blushing doesn't make it romantic feeling towards others in kishi's manga. If I am correct sakura blushed many times back in part 1 because of Naruto but in the end of part 1 it was clear that she was still in love with sasuke. So if any character blushes or says someone's name first etc I just continue reading it as nothing of importance.

Also I read some other threads and found that many people say hinata did a selfish thing when she came to fight pein, but if u guys consider that thing selfish this means neji's sacrifice must also be selfish to you. It was clear during that moment that hinata knew she might die and hence she confessed to naruto, so saying hinata did a selfish thing just to ignore a good NH moment is kind of sad. I am not saying that Naruto showed romantic feelings towards hinata during that moment at all. If you guys consider the cpr a NS moment I do think that hinata's confession was definitely a bigger and better moment.

I just wanted to know do u guys have proof/scans of NS moments which clearly shows sakura displaying romantic feelings toward naruto which cannot be interpreted as a simple caring act or what any normal girl would do around just her friend.

P.S. By the time I wrote this post their were other poats as well. I was posting through mobile so was slower. I will read the other posts once I get a chance to start up my PC. Also pls Don't think I am trying to defend or encourage SS/NH. I am just trying to regain my memories of why I thought that sakura is falling in love with Naruto.

Edited by Naruto_Ninja, 16 August 2014 - 04:57 PM.

#15 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Oh ssshhh.This is a secret every NS fan must hide.Everyone knows the answer.

Exactly their feelings are unknown.

#16 Kyaerai

Kyaerai

My faith in humanity.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

Haha XD
WqQwzgf.gif

#17 talkNOjutsu

talkNOjutsu

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Reading books, Browsing the Internet, Driving , Football.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

Another such topic?

[topic='http://www.narusaku....showtopic=13900']Why NaruSaku?[/topic]

Similar arguments and responses. You can read if interested. Welcome to the best website for NS fans  :happy:

#18 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

But dear james, I never said that Sakura still does loves sasuke....

Dear Naruto_Ninja,
This does not stop other members and other fans from saying it though and the point still stands. Just because you don't say it, doesn't mean it is never said at all and that is the issue that plagues a lot of forums. That is what I am bringing to the table of this discussion. Many arguments have been made on what Sakura feels, thinks, does and why she thinks those things and it still becomes an issue to this very day.

Also, just like what you did to me now, I shall do in return. "I never said anything about the CPR scene at all or Hinata's confession." However, I know that you are just bringing up a point just as I am bringing up a point to you to push an idea that we have explaining a point regardless if the other person said something or not. I like to call it "covering your bases." I was giving an example of how people think and expressing how so many say one thing and view it another way. You want us to show you proof...well read the manga in its entirely. There are many scenes in it that are very self explanatory and even more so that are more obvious than Captain Obvious.

Of course, seeing isn't believing. Believing is seeing. Do you know what that means? I spent a good time wondering myself and I finally realize what it meant. It means that I could show you all the proof in the world and make a stack a mile high of posts and theories and threads show casing all matter of intelligent evidence, but if you don't believe or accept it as evidence, then the proof is pointless regardless if it is correct. You have to accept it as truth before you can take it as proof which is difficult to do. If it wasn't, then we wouldn't have so many arguments with NH and SS alike who can be stubborn.

Take the CPR scene you brought up. You automatically assume that people take the CPR itself as proof, but instead are not looking at what is really important and that is Sakura's heart and her thoughts. She supports Naruto in ways that Itachi described as Kushina did for Minato in supporting his dreams. She wouldn't give up on him and she immediately cared about him without second thought with high emotions even to the point of getting teary eyed. That says a lot...it shows a lot, but many miss that point. Is it proof? It depends on you. I take it as proof, but you might not. Who is correct? We won't really know until the end result. That's why it is all theories.

As I told others, I am still waiting for proof of this supposed "Naruto is in love with Hinata and Sakura is still in love with Sasuke," but I don't see people providing proof for it either other than the same arguments despite many other evidence debunking it.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 16 August 2014 - 06:23 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#19 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

But dear james, I never said that Sakura still does loves sasuke. I myself believe that their is a good chance that her romantic feelings for sasuke are withering even if she cares for him, but at the same time their is a very high possibility that she just cares for Naruto in a non romantic way. Blushing doesn't make it romantic feeling towards others in kishi's manga. If I am correct sakura blushed many times back in part 1 because of Naruto but in the end of part 1 it was clear that she was still in love with sasuke. So if any character blushes or says someone's name first etc I just continue reading it as nothing of importance.

Also I read some other threads and found that many people say hinata did a selfish thing when she came to fight pein, but if u guys consider that thing selfish this means neji's sacrifice must also be selfish to you. It was clear during that moment that hinata knew she might die and hence she confessed to naruto, so saying hinata did a selfish thing just to ignore a good NH moment is kind of sad. I am not saying that Naruto showed romantic feelings towards hinata during that moment at all. If you guys consider the cpr a NS moment I do think that hinata's confession was definitely a bigger and better moment.

I just wanted to know do u guys have proof/scans of NS moments which clearly shows sakura displaying romantic feelings toward naruto which cannot be interpreted as a simple caring act or what any normal girl would do around just her friend.

P.S. By the time I wrote this post their were other poats as well. I was posting through mobile so was slower. I will read the other posts once I get a chance to start up my PC. Also pls Don't think I am trying to defend or encourage SS/NH. I am just trying to regain my memories of why I thought that sakura is falling in love with Naruto.

You write this as if your a NH/SS fan

#20 Naruto_Ninja

Naruto_Ninja

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

You write this as if your a NH/SS fan

Lol Yeah, I knew people might start thinking like that, that is why I wrote the post script. I just don't like to ignore a few facts which are/were indeed in favor of SS/NH to make my pairing strong. I like to think where my pairing is weak and is/are their any proofs to nullify those weak points, which then will be able to satisfy me if NS becomes the end pairing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users