57 replies to this topic

#1 KitsuneNoYugure

KitsuneNoYugure

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Anime.

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:28 AM

Okay, so the title basically explains it. I'm editing this because I don't wanna get in trouble for bashing D: I'm not trying to x_x

So yeah, how do you feel about Hinata? Do you think she's awesome, cute, etc. Or do you just not like her? Er.. if you don't like her, give legitimate reasons.

Edited by KitsuneNoYugure, 30 September 2010 - 01:43 AM.

]

#2 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:35 AM

This thread will end up as a bashing thread. I don't think it was a good idea to create it.

#3 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:36 AM

Be careful...bashing of any character isn't allowed here. Not sure why you would want people to bash a character just because she is liked...

Anyways, Hinata? She doesn't really captivate me. I don't care about her story. She is nice, and somewhat cute, but other than that I pretty much forget she exists.

#4 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:12 AM

Funnily, I both like and dislike her. personally, I think she's quite a nice character if not mismatch with the world she's living in. On the other hand, I just wish she grow a backbone or two... or ten and quit being a stalker really... sometimes she REALLY creeps me out

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#5 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:00 AM

I don't mind Hinata, I think she's an interesting character and all, but for now she's served her purpose in the manga, so she's going to be pushed to the back like most of the other characters once again.

Edited by Toasty Warrior, 30 September 2010 - 03:00 AM.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#6 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:12 AM

I don't really like the whole "depend on Naruto for her own strength" thing but other than that she's okay :shrug:

#7 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:19 AM

She's minor support character on par with Rock Lee.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#8 holy_demon

holy_demon

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:50 AM

While Sasuke or Sakura had their excuse of not knowing for mistreating Naruto during his childhood, Hinata does. If she watched Naruto as much as she claimed to, she could have known about his yearn for companion. Yet she just stood there and indifferently watched him like the rest of the village. Sometimes I wonder if she was just acting in her shy docile form

#9 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:27 AM

I think we have got dozens of threads asking that same -or similar- question. Oh, well.

She is a very minor character whose existence is irrelevant to the plot.

If the legend about her origin is true (according that account, Hinata supposedly was a draft of a nameless villager. Then Kishimoto realized he needed a third member for Team 8, and chose using that draft instead of creating a new likeness for that character), then her role was going to be even more inisignificant, since she wouldn't even participate in the Chuunin Exams (notice the most of her appearances and almost all her relevant scenes happened in the Chuunin Exams arc), but Kishimoto used her in order to create more tension between Naruto and Neji prior to their battle.

After the Naruto vs Neji fight went down, her relevance vanished nearly altogether. She had no further purpose. That is because we barely saw her afterwards, and she never did something noteworthy. She even was used like comic relief for one scene.

Kishimoto used her again when he wanted closing the last dangling plot thread involving her (if she was in love with Naruto or not, and if she would ever reveal her feelings to him), and so she lost the last remnant of significance she had left. She might not show up ever again and it would not change one thing (her confession didn't change one thing, after all).

I don't feel anything about her. Usualy I like characters because I like their design, personality or powers. I don't find interesting the kind of stereotype Hinata is (yet, everything in fiction is a stereotype, and I can see past it if I find the execution is interesting. Sadly, that isn't the case with Hinata), I don't think she is beautiful or looks cool, and I don't find her power or fighting style too interesting (besides, Neji is more powerful, so he sort of outshines her).

However I don't dislike her neither I hate her nor think she is ugly or fat or dumb or pitifully weak or a failure or a stalker or everything else her haters call her.

Simply she is there. And I don't pay her attention.

Some of her followers can be tiring, going on and on and ON about how she is the prettiest, strongest ninja ever, how she is the most important character in the manga and everyone else are trash, looking clues for everywhere she and Naruto will hook up, and repeating she will have a very important role in the next arc -because she MUST- and getting shocked and amazed when she does not.

But I am not going to hate a character, pairing or series only because some fans may be exhasperant.

In a nutshell: I feel nothing about her.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#10 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:24 AM

I have never had anything against Hinata I like her but the truth is she's just a secondary not important to the main story. However her fandom and the NH fandom thinks she's the heroine and she should be given all the credit in the entire manga (at least that's what they believe after 437 anyway). I doubt Kishi will put her in the spot light again since he has finally close her character development she finally told Naruto how she feels, what else she has to show?

It will be a miracle if we ever see Hinata again it might be like 489 that she appeared just to fill space.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#11 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:59 PM

Well, I could say I like her, she is a very kind girl that put the other in first place, tries to impress her father and care about her teammates. What can get a tad annoying is her overly shy personality that goes a little overboard and her habit to follow Naruto behind corners, wich make she actually looks like a stalker, even tough this is not her intention, lol.
But what really is annoying are some of her fans, but I guess this something everyone here already understand.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#12 jason voorhees

jason voorhees

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

I like hinata i dont have a problem. but the fans....

#13 Inori

Inori

The Slayer

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

I like Hinata tongue.gif She's nice.. I hope she ends up with someone..but not with Naruto..he's taken biggrin.gif

#14 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:18 PM

Hinata is like a guilty pleasure I want to keep secret about... *shame*
lol Hinata and Naruto dont fit though I'll agree and the fans have always been crazy, it's the only way they could have a Hinata fandom after all...I guess that makes me crazy? XD

#15 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:26 PM

Remember people, no bashing.

I don't feel anything about her. Usualy I like characters because I like their design, personality or powers. I don't find interesting the kind of stereotype Hinata is (yet, everything in fiction is a stereotype, and I can see past it if I find the execution is interesting. Sadly, that isn't the case with Hinata), I don't think she is beautiful or looks cool, and I don't find her power or fighting style too interesting (besides, Neji is more powerful, so he sort of outshines her).

However I don't dislike her neither I hate her nor think she is ugly or fat or dumb or pitifully weak or a failure or a stalker or everything else her haters call her.

Simply she is there. And I don't pay her attention.

^ This.

I feel the same way and I also really don't care for her. To me, she's a very uninteresting character. Her personality is very bland (and a shy person like myself but I tend to get comfortable), I find her very unappealing because I tend to like strong, confident women from the start (ex. Sakura, Temari, Ino, etc.). Plus, her appearance, everyone praise her for her looks and boobs... PUH-Lease... her body and looks aren't attractive at all, she follows the moe persona in the worst way possible. Her fighting style (tropes said she in the "Ryu & Ken" trope with Neji) is the weaker version of Neji.

The only thing I can't stand is how fans treat her like she's a super special person, despite the fact she's an irrelevant (only when needed) support character. She has nothing to do with the plot and fans treated her like she's the Virgin Mary, Aphrodite, or some other women in historical, fictional, religious, etc. of the series. They basically worship her to the ground and talking/praising her during Naruto talks while poor Sakura is just nothing, despite that she's a major character (aka main female lead).

As I agree with Jenskott, I feel absolutely nothing for her as well.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#16 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Sep 30 2010, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I agree with Jenskott, I feel absolutely nothing for her as well.

QFT

That is all.

#17 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Sep 30 2010, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QFT

That is all.

I second this.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#18 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:32 PM

She bores me.

I don't hate her, I simply find her incredibly boring.

#19 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:35 PM

I'm with Nate on this. I don't find anything about her particularly interesting. Neji is the only interesting Hyuuga because he's got a cool story. Hinata's story is made up by fillers kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

#20 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:14 AM

To be honest i wished the Hyuuga's never were brought into the story but i say this only because of Kishi only cares about the story conflict between Uchiha's and Senju/Uzumaki.

All in all she's not a bad character, but it's the goddess worship and her personality that i don't like to much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users