True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE ("synopsis")
Bakemonogatari centers on Koyomi Araragi, a third year high school student who is almost human again after briefly becoming a vampire. One day, a classmate named Hitagi Senjōgahara, who infamously never talks to anyone, falls down the stairs into Koyomi's arms. He discovers that Hitagi weighs next to nothing, in defiance of physics. After being threatened by her, Koyomi offers his help, and introduces her to Meme Oshino, a middle-aged homeless man who helped him stop being a vampire.

The series tends to introduce only one new heroine per chapter, each involved with a different "apparition". The events of the previous chapters play an important role in the subsequent ones. The series primarily focuses on conversations between characters; it contains a fair number of parodies of other series, as well as Nisio Isin's trademark wordplay and metahumor.

This is easily my second favorite anime of the summer. The male and female lead pose as a wonderful pair and have some intriguing interaction with one another. It has great humor, fantastic dialogue, and gorgeous visuals. It is very dialogue heavy (around 90% of the episode) and the rest is artistic changing of the setting. However, that is the uniqueness of the show (and typical SHAFT production) so it definitely keeps the viewer entertained. I strongly recommended to check it out! Though warning: it has some NSFW themes so just a heads up!
-
Openings and Ending --Click here to view--

The anime is scheduled for 15 episodes.

Direct Downloads:

Torrent:

#2 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

Approval status: Gained!

I was recommended this anime on Saturday, I downloaded it, and I honestly thought it'd be just one of those animes I wouldn't get to or might not care about at first. Late last night I watched the first three episodes, and I loved them! The character interaction as True said, is truly entertaining. From what I can tell so far, there is a good amount of plot and still a good amount of humor. Very enjoyable anime thus far, I can't wait for the new episodes now! *rocks back and forth in a fetal position*

#3 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:22 PM

It's your second favorite? What's the first?

Only new series I've been watching so far - already has one of the best OP animations
Stapler's getting it on --Click here to view--

Animation quality is great, too.

#4 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:50 PM

My favorite is Spice & Wolf II and then Bakemonogatari. Others so far are CANAAN, Princess Lover!, and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, but I look forward to the first two most mostly. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 and Needless so far are below my radar.

I think this series is one that gradually interests me and looking forward to every Friday. And also the eventual release of the OP/ED which I want the full version of already.

#5 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:35 AM

This is great, Thanks for turning me onto it True! Love the dialogue, love the main characters. I'm looking forward to more episodes!

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#6 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:43 AM

Yet again, True has forced recommended an anime to me. Yet again, I enjoyed it.

I have to admit, I was kind of skeptic when I found out it was a school-esque anime, but then I saw the fictional parts thrown in. It's a really unique anime, I guess, though it's only three episodes into the story so far, so I'm not sure what to expect.

It's not the kind of anime for action lovers. It's more dialgoue, with humor and perhaps some fluff (if you squint). I look forward to seeing where this will end up. As such, I also said I'd make a drabble for True...because that's what I do; drabble.

Anywho, if you like a bit of folklore with a mix of religious aspects like Shinto, humor, mysterious characters, and fanservice, then I'd recommend this anime. You'll hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#7 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts
  • Interests:EHRGEIZ: God Bless The Ring!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:14 AM

Okay, fine! I got suckered into watching it too! And I'm being forced to post. It's not quite like Rosario Vampire, but it's weird and interesting, and I'm watching it. Now link me for episode 4 already!

sushiset1_shrimp.gifHard-Gay-animated-sprite.gif
"Shiny. Let's go be bad guys."

#8 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:16 AM

Here you go, Hoku!

Bakemonogatari Episode 4

#9 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:04 AM

Yeah I started watching this because I saw both the OP and EN, which is so good enough reason, imagine my surprise when the story was actually pretty interesting.

#10 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:49 AM

Episode 4 wasn't as great as the others, but it still had its moment with the dialogue between Araragi and Mayoi, and bits with Hitagi even though she wasn't as present in this episode as the previous. She seems to not like her time with Araragi being interrupted.

My favorite parts were when he beat up Mayoi again and the phone conversation with Oshino; "PUT DOWN THE STAPLER, TSUNDERE-CHAN!" XD

Next episode will be interesting to see as Hitagi has the apparent cure and doesn't like Mayoi. Oh and it looks like they'll have a new OP for each of the girls introduced. This one was very erratic and hyper.

#11 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts
  • Interests:EHRGEIZ: God Bless The Ring!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:02 PM

Dude Mayoi is scary annoying, and that bag of hers is creepy in some kind of weird cute way. OMG STAPLER-CHAN.......

sushiset1_shrimp.gifHard-Gay-animated-sprite.gif
"Shiny. Let's go be bad guys."

#12 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:30 AM

I can sense some Senjougahara-san X Araragi-kun fanart in the near future. >3333333333
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#13 Manda

Manda

Miss LoveDoctor ❤

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Music, Drawing, Writing, Graphics, Anime &amp; Manga, Photoshop, H&amp;E, NF, Food, Ice Cream and my friends. &lt;333

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:40 AM

I love this series. <3 It's my favorite this season. wub.gif
Cut for ep. 5 spoilers --Click here to view--

Episode 5 was amazing. *____*
I loved the whole "I love you." part from Hitagi, LOL that was great. xDDD Definitely not the way I was expecting her to confess to Koyomi, but it was so cute. <333 I'm so happy they're finally dating! love.gif

And Mayoi's such a cutie. <3 I always have an urge of pinching her cheek every time I see her, haha. X3
& her story was so saaaaaaaad. shamefulcry0js.gif I can't believe she had to die like that. DD: *cries*

Edited by Manda, 09 August 2009 - 04:42 AM.

Manda. → Dana
deviantartfanfictionlivejournalmyanimelistdomain

#14 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ Aug 9 2009, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can sense some Senjougahara-san X Araragi-kun fanart in the near future. >3333333333

YES! I can expect epic artwork as usual! happy.gif

I really liked episode 5, a lot more so than the previous one. Laughed really hard at Araragi saying he sexually harassed Mayoi XD

Ep. 5 spoilers --Click here to view--
Even though the show is called "Ghost Story" Mayoi being dead completely passed me by and was a nice twist. I liked the conclusion to her arc which started off good, was dismal in the middle, and ended off nicely. She finally got to meet her mom after ten years of waiting. Also the confession was...random? XD Yet sweet as well and I lol'd at Hitagi saying it in Engrish! Looking forward to the next arc anxiously! smile.gif

EDIT:
Episode 6 is out! [gg] Bakemonogatari Episode 6

#15 Denim88

Denim88

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:50 AM

Heheh, man, I think I'm going to have to watch these episodes in two episode increments; watching only one a week would be torture for me.

Spoilers of Episode 5 --Click here to view--
First off, Mayoi was win. The way she goes from being all clingy to Araragi to rabid-biting child was hilarious. Especially after the whole 'first touch' fiasco went down, lol.

Well, if I'm guessing right, it looks like this series is going to be about helping spirits find peace and all that. If the story with Mayoi was any indication, at least, then that's what I'm banking on. Not a bad idea, really. It's these kinda stories that strike my heart chords, lol. I like the fact that Mayoi is no longer a depressed/lost spirit, and simply a wandering one now.

On that note, Hitagi's attitude towards Araragi is so awesome. She pretty much has him in her hands, and she probably could manipulate him to do what she wants, but something tells me she's not that cruel, lol. After all, she's just 'tsundere-chan', not evil, lol. XD Yeah, I think I've definitely found a greater appreciation for this series now after this little 'snail arc'.

Eh...I WOULD watch episode six...but I'll wait for awhile. Otherwise I'd just be bummed out to wait another week when I'm done with it. biggrin.gif

Gimme a break, 'kay?

#16 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:16 AM

Updated banner with all the characters that will appear in the show later on. They all have unique and dynamic personalities and very interesting to see them all eventually! Araragi is one lucky bastard!

Also, the full version of the ending is out. DDL: Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari - supercell

Unfortunately there is a two week wait till the next episode that comes out on August 21th sad.gif Long wait after that damn cliffhanger ending in episode 6. Ah well the show is pretty damn popular as its been receiving tons of fanart on pixiv; Hitagi is possibly on her way to a fourth the Horo and C.C. level of popularity with the amount she has gotten.

#17 Denim88

Denim88

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (True @ Aug 11 2009, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, the full version of the ending is out. DDL: Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari - supercell

Man, this song is possibly one of the best ED's I've heard for an anime in quite some time. The animations at the end of the episodes while this plays are pretty artistic and amazing in their own manner as well.

Gimme a break, 'kay?

#18 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:55 PM

Bakemonogatari 8

Friggin True, got me on another one.

#19 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:54 AM

Humm... let's see if I like this one, I'm not one of seeing much comedy but you never know...

#20 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Aug 31 2009, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bakemonogatari 8

Friggin True, got me on another one.

Thanks for the link! And hey I do my best to show good anime XD

QUOTE (Whirlpool-Maelstrom @ Sep 2 2009, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Humm... let's see if I like this one, I'm not one of seeing much comedy but you never know...

It isn't strictly a comedy series (it does have funny parts of course) but more of witty dialogue and character interaction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users