76 replies to this topic

#1 Laylo

Laylo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

Hi there all. I've been a lurker for a while and never really had the courage to post until now.

As for this topic, I am a HUGE NaruSaku fan. Love it a lot. BUT I am also a HUGE SasuSaku fan. And I've seen some people say several times here that they don't understand why people would ship SasuSaku.

Um, if anyone is REALLY curious I can tell you my opinion as a SasuSaku fan(but ONLY my opinion. I do not speak for the fandom as a whole as it is made up of individuals who are obviously not me).

I understand there is a debate thread but I've seen many replies get missed and questions asked and people ignored. And since this can people be a touchy subject(SasuSaku fans being accused of supporting abusive relationships in real life I mean), I'd rather this be put in a topic by itself where I can see all replies and respond them civilly(and hopefully be treated civilly in return haha) if that's alright with you mods and admins.

So anyone want to discuss this with me?

P.S I am NOT a fan of NaruHina at all. And I do love SasuKarin just as much(I mean if that info matters).

Edited by Laylo, 26 March 2014 - 01:26 PM.

#2 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:01 PM

Cool since I'm the first I will ask why you like it and why you feel it would work and then say why I don't like it, if that is alright with you?

#3 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

Hi there all. I've been a lurker for a while and never really had the courage to post until now.

As for this topic, I am a HUGE NaruSaku fan. Love it a lot. BUT I am also a HUGE SasuSaku fan. And I've seen some people say several times here that they don't understand why people would ship SasuSaku.

Um, if anyone is REALLY curious I can tell you my opinion as a SasuSaku fan(but ONLY my opinion. I do not speak for the fandom as a whole as it is made up of individuals who are obviously not me).

I understand there is a debate thread but I've seen many replies get missed and questions asked and people ignored. And since this can people be a touchy subject(SasuSaku fans being accused of supporting abusive relationships in real life I mean), I'd rather this be put in a topic by itself where I can see all replies and respond them civilly(and hopefully be treated civilly in return haha) if that's alright with you mods and admins.

So anyone want to discuss this with me?

P.S I am NOT a fan of NaruHina at all. And I do love SasuKarin just as much(I mean if that info matters).

Opinion on what part? It's chances in the story? In general?

#4 Laylo

Laylo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

Sure thing :)! And thanks for replying!

Opinion on what part? It's chances in the story? In general? 

Just in general. Some questions I see are why anyone would like SasuSaku AT ALL and go straight into...not really fandom bashing per se but just generalizations and a few harsh accusations.

For me personally, I'll admit there are superficial reasons like pink and blue just being pleasing aesthetically(and to be fair I initially liked NaruSaku for superficial reasons as well haha).

But for real I just like to see their personalities clicking.

Sakura is kind and caring, definitely a people person, somewhat impatient with a short temper and can be mischievous under the right conditions, and above all she's incredibly intelligent with a lot of potential. 

As for Sasuke, he's socially awkward to the brim(it's actually kind of funny how he has allies since he's so direct with people lol) and stoic, but also fiercely determined, incredibly intelligent and indeed if you can get him(and keep him) on your side...And well he DOES have those moments(just like Naruto and Sakura) where you are reminded of his part 1 self and where's he kinda adorably(sorry to use that word haha) human.

The main point of that is Sasuke and Sakura are 3D characters. Sasuke isn't JUST the stone-cold stoic or the psychopathic, floozy, and Sakura isn't just the tsundere. They have these strengths and weaknesses that play off of each other and for me personally, personality compatibility is what draws me to certain fictional couples.

As for the relationship, I REALLY DON'T see this as an unequal relationship.

In fact it gets point out time and time again that Sakura is standing up to Sasuke. She's not super impressed with him at the moment and she won't tolerate him being rude to Naruto. I do believe that if Sasuke were to be rude to a guest or get dangerous during training, she'd assert her opinion just as she would with Naruto.

And judging by Sasuke's interactions with Karin, Itachi, Obito, and to some extent Naruto, Sasuke wouldn't just turn his back on Sakura when she's speaking. Sasuke actually does a lot of listening and I think his respect for the person(or in Naruto's case, just plain determination to get away from) decides whether or not he'll consider their words and respond. He can get bullheaded no doubt But I don't think it's something that Sakura can't handle/should leave him for.

And Sasuke would respect Sakura and vice versa, because these two would really have to care and love each other to be in a relationship. Sasuke was never the type of character to get in a relationship purely for appearences sake or for the 'goal of having Uchiha babies' and Sakura has learned by now that she shouldn't be with something just because of who is he or she THINKS she should be with them. 

And that's the cliff notes version.

NOTE THIS IS NOT an attempt to get you to like SasuSaku OR believe in it's chances of happening in canon! Seriously it ISN'T. I wanted to do this because again, I see a lot of generalizations and accusations geared towards SasuSaku fans, and I see a LOT of questions asked, but none of this gets addressed(and answers contain generalizations) because I guess there are no SasuSaku fans here :P.

I don't want to pick or start a fight or anything. Just hopefully debunk some stereotypes. I come in peace I swear haha :D!

#5 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

Sure thing :)! And thanks for replying!

Just in general. Some questions I see are why anyone would like SasuSaku AT ALL and go straight into...not really fandom bashing per se but just generalizations and a few harsh accusations.

For me personally, I'll admit there are superficial reasons like pink and blue just being pleasing aesthetically(and to be fair I initially liked NaruSaku for superficial reasons as well haha).

Sakura is kind and caring, definitely a people person, somewhat impatient with a short temper and can be mischievous under the right conditions, and above all she's incredibly intelligent with a lot of potential. 

As for Sasuke, he's socially awkward to the brim(it's actually kind of funny how he has allies since he's so direct with people lol) and stoic, but also fiercely determined, incredibly intelligent and indeed if you can get him(and keep him) on your side...And well he DOES have those moments(just like Naruto and Sakura) where you are reminded of his part 1 self and where's he kinda adorably(sorry to use that word haha) human.

The main point of that is Sasuke and Sakura are 3D characters. Sasuke isn't JUST the stone-cold stoic or the psychopathic, floozy, and Sakura isn't just the tsundere. They have these strengths and weaknesses that play off of each other and for me personally, personality compatibility is what draws me to certain fictional couples.

In fact it gets point out time and time again that Sakura is standing up to Sasuke. She's not super impressed with him at the moment and she won't tolerate him being rude to Naruto. I do believe that if Sasuke were to be rude to a guest or get dangerous during training, she'd assert her opinion just as she would with Naruto.

And judging by Sasuke's interactions with Karin, Itachi, Obito, and to some extent Naruto, Sasuke wouldn't just turn his back on Sakura when she's speaking. Sasuke actually does a lot of listening and I think his respect for the person(or in Naruto's case, just plain determination to get away from) decides whether or not he'll consider their words and respond. He can get bullheaded no doubt But I don't think it's something that Sakura can't handle/should leave him for.

And Sasuke would respect Sakura and vice versa, because these two would really have to care and love each other to be in a relationship. Sasuke was never the type of character to get in a relationship purely for appearences sake or for the 'goal of having Uchiha babies' and Sakura has learned by now that she shouldn't be with something just because of who is he or she THINKS she should be with them. 

And that's the cliff notes version.

NOTE THIS IS NOT an attempt to get you to like SasuSaku OR believe in it's chances of happening in canon! Seriously it ISN'T. I wanted to do this because again, I see a lot of generalizations and accusations geared towards SasuSaku fans, and I see a LOT of questions asked, but none of this gets addressed(and answers contain generalizations) because I guess there are no SasuSaku fans here :P.

I don't want to pick or start a fight or anything. Just hopefully debunk some stereotypes. I come in peace I swear haha :D!

I used to be a SS fan before I jumped ship and stayed with NS (no regrets!) but I would be interested In why you still like it.
My question is, are you still preferring SS or has SK started to seem more likely? And one more, what differences do you like in SK compared to SS?

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#6 Laylo

Laylo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

I used to be a SS fan before I jumped ship and stayed with NS (no regrets!) but I would be interested In why you still like it.
My question is, are you still preferring SS or has SK started to seem more likely? And one more, what differences do you like in SK compared to SS?

Understandable. To be honest NaruSaku does look to be the end game pairing so I ship it for that haha.

This is something you've probably heard a MILLION times, but when I think of SasuSaku, I think of beyond the Kage Summit. Don't get me wrong, the murder attempts definitely have to be addressed and trust rebuilt.

But it's sort of like with NaruSaku and the confession. It's a low point but NOT the DEFINING point. It's another obstacle to work through and like I said, I like how well Sakura's and Sasuke's personalities can mesh well together. So I think they could work through it. If Sakura could forgive Gaara for once trying to kill her and Sasuke can realize how wrong it was to hurt Karin, they can definitely work through the murder attempts. 

I really like them both but SK looks to be ten times more likely than SS. I mean by a long shot. Even if it doesn't happen it's still more likely to happen  than SS lol.

The main difference between the SS and SK is interactions and role in relation to Sasuke's character. And I have to run again but I will definitely elaborate more when I get back!

Both Karin and Sakura treated Sasuke differently, and Sasuke treated them differently in return. But other than the Kage Summit arc I wouldn't say that he's ever acted despicably unforgivable towards them(moreso Karin than Sakura. With Sakura he typically brushed off her concerns even if he did appreciate them. With Karin he typically addressed them and explained himself).

What makes Karin stand apart from Sakura is that Sasuke needed/s her in a way he never needed/s Sakura. Sakura could definitely represent the concern he's been missing(it's been beaten over our heads that he's had no one since his family died so I think Sakura so openly expressing her concern and crying for him, while obviously annoying him at times, is the reason why he said 'thank you' to her and appreciated her in part 1).

But it's pretty clear that 'concern for his wellbeing' isn't really what Sasuke needed the most. He needed help.

And that's what Karin can give him that Sakura can't. Sakura wanted to steer him down a different path(not a bad one but a different one) and that's what I think is the biggest difference. I don't recall Karin ever thinking about the future, but it's clear that helping Sasuke get revenge on Itachi was her goal too. Okay yes, Sakura implied that they would one day get him, but that just showed how little she understood Sasuke. 

But above all, I think Kishimoto wrote Sasuke to realize that too. He never got rid of her, he never forced her to shut up and do as told and he apologized to her.

Karin too. She was given the same choice as Sakura, Konoha or Sasuke, and she has obviously chosen Sasuke. In contrast to Sakura who thinks minimally of Sasuke on the battlefield, Karin hasn't geared a single thought towards Naruto(you know, the guy with the REALLY warm chakra and who she might or might not know to be her cousin).

Whatever feelings they have for each other, some part of it is mutual. Whereas Sakura and Sasuke only had mutual concern(I would say friendship too but right now that's iffy and back in art 1 Sakura's feelings were too strong for the friendship that Sasuke felt).

I also think it's been said here a lot that Kishimoto thinks hard about how to set up a situation so that the story goes in the direction he wants it too. The most obvious and recent example is the CPR thing. I mean three medics right there and ONLY Sakura has the ability to continue healing Naruto? Definite set up right there.

Kishimoto wrote the story so that Sasuke wanted Karin as opposed to Sakura on his team. He gave her an ability to sense chakra instead of making it so that Sakura's smarts could be used to track Itachi down. She's an Uzumaki. She's kicking ass and taking names to be at Sasuke's side. Her role is definitely unique compared to Suigetsu and Jugo(definitely so in the fandom where she's talked about infinitely more than those two).

Kishimoto is giving her roles and keeping her relevant and I think that too is a set up for something. Whether sh and Sasuke will be in an explicit romantic relationship at the end is anyone's guess but I do think something will be hinted there.

I'm trying to keep these short haha. Hope I answered your questions...

Edited by Laylo, 26 March 2014 - 06:31 PM.

#7 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

Welcome to H&E, Laylo, and your posts have been interesting reading.  :smile:

I've always been 100% NaruSaku from the start, but I also think that people should ship whatever they like.  :D   I only get mad at the antis and trolls.

I wish I had more time to reply, but your musings on the future relationship between Sakura and Sasuke were interesting.  We know that Sakura's trust has been broken by Sasuke's behaviour in Part 2, most notably their first reunion (he wanted to kill Naruto) and the Kage Summit Arc (he tried to kill Sakura twice).  It's led to Sakura struggling with her emotions over both Sasuke and Naruto, and I do wonder how the relationship could be rebuilt/developed between Sasuke and Sakura (and Naruto).

Sasuke would have to show real change within himself to even begin to rebuild Sakura's trust, and I think Naruto will be the best catalyst for that change.  After all, Naruto has used Talk-no-Jutsu on plenty of bad/misguided guys before, hasn't he? ;)

Sakura has definitely grown so much over Part 2, she's amazing.  Just compare how she was at the very beginning of the manga, to how she is now.

#8 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

Sakura has definitely grown so much over Part 2, she's amazing.  Just compare how she was at the very beginning of the manga, to how she is now.

Oh she is and that is why I like her people can bash her all they want but to me Sakura has grown a lot, and when you look she is still growing even now.

#9 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

Hey there!  :happy:

I know you already posted that you don't think SS has much chance of happening, but do you have SS friends that do think will be canon? If so, why do they think it will be canon? 

#10 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:08 AM

@Laylo

Would you say that you like the idea of SS, but that you understand that in the actual canon story it's pretty clear that at the most they'll be good friends because of their Team 7 bond?

From my end I like the idea of Naruto and Ino being together despite there being no relationship between them. I think that some sort of alternate story that puts them together would be very interesting to watch. Of course Naruto and Sakura are the pair I prefer the most since they are supported by the story, but it's still fun to imagine how Naruto would interact with another girl.

Would you say that's how you feel regarding Sasuke and Sakura? Fun to imagine them together in an alternate story, but knowing that in canon story the pairs more likely to be together are NS and SK.

#11 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:27 AM

Basically that's what i heard about SS at first the only things i dont get is that they never managed to prove why NS was sinking and even twisted facts and used double standards.
I think it all went down to personal preferences which is why i dont care about debating at all, but it's okay to pinpoint, viewing about character perspective Sakura and Sasuke if Sakura could be herself around him and also from the same characters perspective basically there's no shipping for Naruto at all, in my perspective based on characters the only girl where Naruto could get along well would be Ino.
For me Sakura lacks development and effort on her character and Naruto's love for Sakura in my opinion is sloppy and forced.
I dont want to start a debate over this but form my point of view there's absolutely nothing that could justify Naruto's love for Sakura.
INB4 (but love is unjustifiable it just happens) i know i get it but i've seen other mangas and animes where the protagonist loved the main heroine with way more stronger reasons.

You're talking about standing as an equal i get it but Sasuke doesnt acknowledge her as an equal neither he does acknownlege Naruto, in fact he did acknowledged Naruto during the fight on part 1 but Kishi did a 180 on him and make Naruto goes back to ground zero during the the 4 tails arc.
Sasuke's character is basically what the Sage of Six Bazingas described about.

The problem is that it's here where their characters conflict Sasuke is not that outgoing guy who's always smilling and dont see the problem of being open, Sasuke is not open even when he was good he wasnt like that.
It doesnt match with Sakura, which is why on part 1 she was split on two, her outgoing and bright meanwhile around Sasuke she seemed to act as more mature and someome who goes after her objectives.
She liked Naruto's pranks but managed to hide the fact she liked it because of Sasuke.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 27 March 2014 - 01:01 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#12 orangehokage

orangehokage

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:29 AM

i agree to me i believe that for a relationship beteewn sasuke and sakura too work, at least one of them is going to have to completely change their current personas towards the other.                                                                          

sasuke is going to have to go from treating sakura with little to no respect, completely disregarding her feelings and her talent as a shinobi, and to me sakura embodies the same life philosophies as naruto so sasuke is going to have to at least accept being in a relationship with somebody who thinks and acts similarly to naruto and he hasn't done that yet

i also think that the current sakura wouldn't want to be in a relationship with the current sasuke. to me, the things that i mentioned in the previous paragraph must happen in order for sakura to even consider being in a romantic relationship with sasuke. i don't believe that sakura wants to be in a relationship where she isn't valued and loved, and is treated as the clearly inferior party in the pair

#13 Laylo

Laylo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:57 AM

Welcome to H&E, Laylo, and your posts have been interesting reading.   :smile:

I've always been 100% NaruSaku from the start, but I also think that people should ship whatever they like.   :D   I only get mad at the antis and trolls.

Thank you!

I wish I had more time to reply, but your musings on the future relationship between Sakura and Sasuke were interesting.  We know that Sakura's trust has been broken by Sasuke's behaviour in Part 2, most notably their first reunion (he wanted to kill Naruto) and the Kage Summit Arc (he tried to kill Sakura twice).  It's led to Sakura struggling with her emotions over both Sasuke and Naruto, and I do wonder how the relationship could be rebuilt/developed between Sasuke and Sakura (and Naruto).

I think that is in fact the most important thing between Sasuke and Sakura at the moment. Not love or concern or even forgiveness, but trust. If Sasuke cannot get Sakura's trust again then he cannot get her forgiveness.

That's another difference between SK and SS. The reason I feel the apology work for Karin is because it isn't like she lost her trust in Sasuke. I think she was hurt because she expected better from him definitely but, while she was plenty angry, I think she understood where he was coming from, what led him to that point, and ultimately that his apology was genuine because even he understood that it was the most important thing to say to her(which is why he said it first).

Sakura on the other hand, cannot JUST get an apology. Not that this makes her more special than Karin(I mean in a way it does but not 'love interest special'), but just that the problem between them is more than just a temporary moment of insanity. Sasuke saved her life and is working with Naruto, but she doesn't trust him. Until he rebuilds that trust, they can't have a bond.

Sasuke would have to show real change within himself to even begin to rebuild Sakura's trust, and I think Naruto will be the best catalyst for that change.  After all, Naruto has used Talk-no-Jutsu on plenty of bad/misguided guys before, hasn't he? ;)

True. I would love to think of Sakura as having a hand in his redemption(and to be honest, a part of me hopes for even one chapter between the two). But it is Naruto and Sasuke's story not Sasuke and Sakura's so it is very likely that Sakura will have to trust him again after his battle with Naruto.

I am a former anti Sakura person. Like seriously laughed at her pain and hated her. But now I've seen all of the strength of her character and I feel that her biggest flaw is her lack of presence in most of the arcs of part 2. Otherwise she's in my top 3 fav characters and I even appreciate her part 1 self a LOT more than before(she's not the terrible person I thought she was haha).

I know you already posted that you don't think SS has much chance of happening, but do you have SS friends that do think will be canon? If so, why do they think it will be canon?

Um personally no. Most of my friends prefer other Naruto pairings. But I read SasuSaku discussions and yeah there are people who definitely think it'll still happen. I don't really want to be their mouth piece because again they can explain why they think that a hella lot better than I can.

But I know one of the main reasons is holding onto to the fact that Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke.

And honestly to that I would say, bullcrap. If SasuSaku was the intended romantic ending then I'd expect a MUCH better job at setting up.

Take Sakuras lack of interest in Sasuke's safety during this war for example. This could be a fantastic set up. It could force Sasuke to realize that he lost her(and SPECIFICALLY her). If Kishimoto drew attention to that rather than just Sakuras lack of trust in Sasuke(and only for part of a chapter at that), then it would appear to have romantic undertones because it brings importance to Sakuras feelings for Sasuke.

But it doesn't so the thought of Sakura meeting Sasuke after this and saying 'I still have strong romantic feelings for you' just seems out of place.

@redragon88

Lol pretty much! I love reading about their adventures in dating and marriage and parenthood and other AUs and how the canon story can(believably) be changed so that SasuSaku happen.

And again I really hope they have a scene together and establish a bond outside of Naruto. But I have no real faith that it'll be romantic.

#14 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:23 AM

Hello! 

I used to be a SasuSaku shipper, back in early part one, toward the beginning of the chuunin exams. I always thought NaruSaku was kind of cute but SS was admittedly my ship. Back then, Sasuke didn't have such a complicated personality. Sure, he was serious, he was driven, and he was all superior, but his traits in a romantic light were as comedic as Sakura's fiery temper/fangirling. He was obviously Naruto's foil and Sakura was the girl between, sharing similarities with both of them. I never got the sense he was malicious toward her. I even miss the good ol' team 7 days where the three of them clicked; having both a comedic dynamic and at the same time when things got serious they looked out for one another. Sasuke and Naruto's rivalry, Sakura's and Naruto's failed attempts at romance toward their interest, Sakura being 'Miss Exposition'--that was all fun and good...

Then, we lost it. Sasuke left, and that was fitting. Team 7 used to be a big deal, and it certainly was to me. Maybe that's why I was so favourable toward all of the trio's romantic hook ups: SasuSaku, NaruSaku, NaruSasu (admittedly in jest), and even NaruSakuSasu at times. Naruto going after Sasuke was a big deal; I wanted to see him save that boy from Orichimaru and revenge. Or, after seeing him again in the timeskip; all cool and powerful, I could even see him striking out on his own. Down his own path, where he'd forgo friends, in contrast to Naruto of course who had team seven. 

Theeeeen he became a train wreck. He joined Orichimaru so he wouldn't need help, but as soon as he eliminated him he went looking for help. You did bring up a good point about Karin assisting Sasuke's goals rather than going against them. Fair, but somewhere down the road me personally I stopped caring about Sasuke. He began to deviate too far from what appealed to me in the first place, and any care he has for anyone is so... subtle, and didn't compare again to what we lost and the character he used to be, that I have a hard time caring about his bond for Naruto; the biggest one this manga offers Sasuke, that I can't muster up much enthusiasm for the one with Karin, or Juugo, or Suigetsu... or even Sakura. Definitely not Sakura. 

Naruto and Sakura on the other hand I feel they still have the embers of what I liked from part one, and in the new maturity and darkness of part two they've had their poignant moments. That's why when it was Sakura depicted, saving Naruto's life, I really felt something for them... and pretty much ignored that Sasuke was dying and Karin was helping. I think debates aside, aside all the complications of his character being in any sort of relationship, I've stopped being interested in him completely. That's why I've pretty much abandoned the SS ship and all ships +storylines with Sasuke. 

However, part one? Shipped it. Liked Sasuke enough =) 

#15 Laylo

Laylo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:42 AM

Basically that's what i heard about SS at first the only things i dont get is that they never managed to prove why NS was sinking and even twisted facts and used double standards. I think it all went down to personal preferences which is why i dont care about debating at all, but it's okay to pinpoint, viewing about character perspective Sakura and Sasuke if Sakura could be herself around him and also from the same characters perspective basically there's no shipping for Naruto at all, in my perspective based on characters the only girl where Naruto could get along well would be Ino. For me Sakura lacks development and effort on her character and Naruto's love for Sakura in my opinion is sloppy and forced. I dont want to start a debate over this but form my point of view there's absolutely nothing that could justify Naruto's love for Sakura. INB4 (but love is unjustifiable it just happens) i know i get it but i've seen other mangas and animes where the protagonist loved the main heroine with way more stronger reasons.

I can't answer your first sentence since I don't believe NS is sinking. But I WILL say that that isn't unique to SS fans and is actually more geared towards the Anti-NS fans than just SS fans in general(there definitely are SS fans who feel SS will happen but are neutral towards NS and so they don't bash it and try to reasonably explain why despite all of that has happened, SS will happen...but I guess we're not talking about them)

Yeah that's your opinion and if you don't want to debate that I will respect it. I just don't agree and I'll leave it at that :).

You're talking about standing as an equal i get it but Sasuke doesnt acknowledge her as an equal neither he does acknownlege Naruto, in fact he did acknowledged Naruto during the fight on part 1 but Kishi did a 180 on him and make Naruto goes back to ground zero during the the 4 tails arc.
Sasuke's character is basically what the Sage of Six Bazingas described about.

Sasuke doesn't acknowledge Naruto and Sakura as weak. Otherwise he'd tell both of them to stand back and let him do the work instead doing a combo attack with their summoning. He never called Sakura weak or or even showed that he thought that way either. He saw her punch the ground and his reaction was not shock or surprise but a smirk as if he was witnessing a Sakura he knew(like back in part 1 when he acknowledged her genjutsu skills).

The only time where it'd appeared to me that he saw Naruto as weak is during their first reunion. But I think that had more to do with their reluctance to fight against him than their actual skill as ninja. He knows they all trained under the three Legandary Shinobi and I don't believe for a second that he felt Orochimaru was the strongest(just the most convenient)

Otherwise I really don't believe he sees himself as superior to them or that they are unequal. Instead, Sasuke's problem stems from seeing them as useless to his overall ambition. He feels they would either contribute nothing or that their concern for him would hold him back. So he would rather not deal with them at all and I don't think his aloof attitude necessarily means he has an 'I'm superior' attitude.

But he never once implied that he thought they were unequal. Just one paths too different for them to actually work together or even be friends. So sorry I don't see any evidence there.

The problem is that it's here where their characters conflict Sasuke is not that outgoing guy who's always smilling and dont see the problem of being open, Sasuke is not open even when he was good he wasnt like that.
It doesnt match with Sakura, which is why on part 1 she was split on two, her outgoing and bright meanwhile around Sasuke she seemed to act as more mature and someome who goes after her objectives.
She liked Naruto's pranks but managed to hide the fact she liked it because of Sasuke.

Sasuke is not a people person and he can be a little rude, but it wasn't like he hated people in general. He did those D-rank missions for a long time without complaining(I'm pretty sure it was Naruto who put his foot down).

That had nothing to do with Sasuke and everything to do with Sakura's immaturity. She was conflicted because she thought that Sasuke would prefer a sweet little doormat. She didn't realize that Sasuke had no preference and it wouldn't have made a difference how she acted so long as she still genuinely cared for him.

Just judging by their characters I truly do believe that Sasuke would like Sakura's real personality. Certainly miles better than the girl she TRIED to be for him.

i agree to me i believe that for a relationship beteewn sasuke and sakura too work, at least one of them is going to have to completely change their current personas towards the other.                                                                          

sasuke is going to have to go from treating sakura with little to no respect, completely disregarding her feelings and her talent as a shinobi, and to me sakura embodies the same life philosophies as naruto so sasuke is going to have to at least accept being in a relationship with somebody who thinks and acts similarly to naruto and he hasn't done that yet

i also think that the current sakura wouldn't want to be in a relationship with the current sasuke. to me, the things that i mentioned in the previous paragraph must happen in order for sakura to even consider being in a romantic relationship with sasuke. i don't believe that sakura wants to be in a relationship where she isn't valued 

I disagree sorry. I'll try and break it down.

1) Respect. This is a definite issue but it isn't just on Sasuke's end. He didn't respect Sakura's feelings and concerns but she didn't respect his feelings and concerns either. He was concerned about Sasuke getting stronger and he feeling inferior and desperate that he would not be able to catch up. Sakura didn't think of that at all and was only really concerned about how Sasuke leaving would affect her. She had good intentions definitely(I think even Sasuke could see that), but it was not what Sasuke needed.

On top of that, she intended to murder him because she quickly gave up on him, completely disregarding what he might've been going through, not even attempting to learn his side of the story(and by that I mean the story about Itachi. I know Naruto and Kakashi decided not to tell her but she didn't even ask), and just deeming him as a lost cause despite only meeting him ONCE after two years and having no conversations with him.

That's why Naruto is the main hero. He DID take the time to consider all that. He questioned Sasuke's motives and actions and came to the (correct) conclusion that something deeper was going on. And of course he was right too because he's the hero and he will be right about this in the end :P.

I'm not saying Sakura is a bad person and deserves Sasuke's wrath. Definitely not. But she's not blameless even though Sasuke is in the wrong. They've both have been completely disrespecting each other.

2) Disregarding her talent: Sasuke has NEVER once implied that he thought Sakura was weak in part 2. Not as a shinobi.

Again he thought she was useless to his ambitionnot useless as a shinobi. He didn't NEED her which is why he never gave her much thought. But that DOES NOT mean he thought she was a weakling.

Look again at chapters 631 and beyond. Sasuke does not say Sakura needs to sit back and let him and Naruto attack because he knows that she'll be USEFUL in the fight. When she punches the ground he's impressed BUT NOT surprised(he would be if he didn't expect her to be so strong). He was willing to do a three way attack combo using their summonings and DID NOT THINK at all that Sakura couldn't keep up.

And this is AFTER her failed murder attempts. And even then he would have to acknowledge that if it weren't for her hesistation, she would've gotten him with that kunai.

Sorry but I think Sasuke believing Naruto and Sakura to be weak shinobi is a myth. I mean I haven't seen any evidence to prove otherwise.

3) Sasuke is going to like Naruto as a person by the end of this anyway haha. But even so Sakura isn't Naruto, and Kishimoto did once say that Sakura would be the best teacher of the group ;). I think she has the personality, brains, and beauty to teach Sasuke Naruto's philosophy and not annoy him as much at the same time haha. And Sasuke is a good student if he thinks what the teacher is teaching is useful.

She definitely wouldn't and shouldn't because again there is a lack of trust between them. But if/when that trust is rebuilt I do believe they could have a working romantic relationship(it won't happen in canon but it could believably happen).

Sorry for the lateness and long replies. Also I tried hard not to debate but uh...you guys understand the urge to respond to arguments right haha XD?

Thanks for being so civil though!

#16 Laylo

Laylo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:05 AM

Sorry for double posting but I just saw this reply!

Hello! 

I used to be a SasuSaku shipper, back in early part one, toward the beginning of the chuunin exams. I always thought NaruSaku was kind of cute but SS was admittedly my ship. Back then, Sasuke didn't have such a complicated personality. Sure, he was serious, he was driven, and he was all superior, but his traits in a romantic light were as comedic as Sakura's fiery temper/fangirling. He was obviously Naruto's foil and Sakura was the girl between, sharing similarities with both of them. I never got the sense he was malicious toward her. I even miss the good ol' team 7 days where the three of them clicked; having both a comedic dynamic and at the same time when things got serious they looked out for one another. Sasuke and Naruto's rivalry, Sakura's and Naruto's failed attempts at romance toward their interest, Sakura being 'Miss Exposition'--that was all fun and good...

Yes! Part 1 was really good!

Though I gotta admit that I don't think at all their bond would be the same as part 1(even romantically it would have to be different). But I find part 1 just so adorable for light-hearted Sasuke and Sakura.

Then, we lost it. Sasuke left, and that was fitting. Team 7 used to be a big deal, and it certainly was to me. Maybe that's why I was so favourable toward all of the trio's romantic hook ups: SasuSaku, NaruSaku, NaruSasu (admittedly in jest), and even NaruSakuSasu at times. Naruto going after Sasuke was a big deal; I wanted to see him save that boy from Orichimaru and revenge. Or, after seeing him again in the timeskip; all cool and powerful, I could even see him striking out on his own. Down his own path, where he'd forgo friends, in contrast to Naruto of course who had team seven. 

Theeeeen he became a train wreck. He joined Orichimaru so he wouldn't need help, but as soon as he eliminated him he went looking for help. You did bring up a good point about Karin assisting Sasuke's goals rather than going against them. Fair, but somewhere down the road me personally I stopped caring about Sasuke. He began to deviate too far from what appealed to me in the first place, and any care he has for anyone is so... subtle, and didn't compare again to what we lost and the character he used to be, that I have a hard time caring about his bond for Naruto; the biggest one this manga offers Sasuke, that I can't muster up much enthusiasm for the one with Karin, or Juugo, or Suigetsu... or even Sakura. Definitely not Sakura. 

I agree on some parts. Due to Sasuke's actions, no matter how many pro friendship essays I read about him and Naruto(and trust me I understand them), their bond is by far the bond I care for the least. I'm actually happy about the war showing Naruto not have his thoughts dominated by Sasuke even though the guy.

I'll probably start caring again once they're actually on good terms. And I probably would've liked it better if it didn't take up the lion's share of Naruto's part 2 development(I get the urgency but seriously it was overwhelming and could've been better spaced out or at least better done).

Naruto and Sakura on the other hand I feel they still have the embers of what I liked from part one, and in the new maturity and darkness of part two they've had their poignant moments. That's why when it was Sakura depicted, saving Naruto's life, I really felt something for them... and pretty much ignored that Sasuke was dying and Karin was helping. I think debates aside, aside all the complications of his character being in any sort of relationship, I've stopped being interested in him completely. That's why I've pretty much abandoned the SS ship and all ships +storylines with Sasuke. 

However, part one? Shipped it. Liked Sasuke enough =) 

I see all of that too which is why I see NaruSaku as the endgame pairing. There are just too many obvious literary choices. And I have to say that I can definitely see their relationship clicking very well together too. Though I am not really a fan of interpretation that Sakura's comedic abuse would continue if they got together romantically, I'm cool with a lot of other things.

Yeah. I think Sasuke is still interesting in canon, but I will admit that he's definitely more refreshing in fanfics and stuff.

Part 1 Sasuke was best Sasuke. There I said it XP. 

#17 itsmesakura

itsmesakura

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga physics, biology, maths, and probably every lesson at school (coz I love to study!), celebrities, trivia/quizzes, adventure, writing diaries/journals, visiting the orphan, going out with my friends, and everything that smells like school, and lesson, and challenging

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

Hello dear... So I see you are a centric like I do... Hehehe...Hello!!!

Anyway, I wanted to start off by telling you that I like SS.. Well, I never tell it to my friends, coz I never realize that I like SS... But when I see that Thank You moment again my heart sank deep in love..

As a starter, I love NS more than SS, because in my opinion, SS is much more down to teenage romance... It's like Sakura's the Juliet Sasuke's the Romeo and you guys found it cute... And I must agree, because I am a teenager myself... :D So I get why people sometimes ship SS... NS is just a more mature ship, where love and comedy join together, as for SS, it just dazzles girls and teenagers away...

And I def wanted to discuss with you about SS... Send me a message and we can start!!

If you want something JUST GO FOR IT

#18 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

To be bluntly honest, I never "got" SasuSaku.

Since the beginning it looked like one of the classic love triangles: Boy likes Girl, Girl likes Another Boy, Another Boy does not know/care/reciprocate, Girl starts to warm up to Boy.

I have seen it often (Ranma 1/2, Slam Dunk, Evangelion... gender-flipped in Macross/Robotech or Kimagure Orange Road...) so I never gave much thought to SasuSaku. The story did not give me reasons to care for it, either.

Anyhow I appreciate you tried to give your point of view in a polite fashion, and I regret you have run into people bashing SS fans. There are rules against that in this forum, and they ARE enforced, but our mods can not spot all.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#19 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:21 AM

SS had a chance to become a serious contender for the love triangle drama if sasuke had romantic feeling to sakura backthen.

it doesn't necessary a proclamation of love, only a thought is enough, but sasuke never show it to her or anyone else  

sasuke is the combination of rukawa and vegetta.

@darkrest

kishi will show the reason why naruto fall in love with sakura. It kishi writing style. he need to tell that 4th hokage is his father 300 chapter later.

#20 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

For me I don't think SasuSaku will work I mean when you look at all that Sasuke has done to so many people in the Manga and from what I have seen Sasuke has never shown any respect, he would just see her as he did Karin, to me as a tool. After all he has not even said sorry for killing her yet.

But then again we don't know after all Sasuke from what I can tell wants to kill Naruto, why I have no idea at this point, but the big question that we all want to know is when this all goes down who will Sakura pick. And with her trust in Sasuke broken it seems she will go to Naruto, I mean when I look at part 1 we see she always picked Sasuke, but she was just a 12 year old girl she didn't know better like many of us did at that age. But moving on as time moved on to pt 2 we see even in the last few chapter she is losing faith in Sasuke, but as I said we have to wait and see what Sasuke will do.

I feel that Sasuke has no love for Sakura. but I respect what you like.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users