#2 narusakurama

narusakurama

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

Is it true that the next chapter will come out in 2 weeks ? sad.gif

Interesting .. someone did say already that Tobirama is likely to have had something to do with the death of Madara's brother .. seeing this chapter , he may have been right .

1kMTgN0.jpg?1

#3 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

Once again this was another unnecessarily repetitive chapter with excessive parallelism and minimal progression of the actual plot. I haven't thought of Kishi as even a decent writer in some time now but this is just downright bad. He's so unimaginative with these character relationships because it's the same thing with almost all of these sorts of characters. Sure the appearances and certain details may be altered but overall it's the same thing.

I was hoping that perhaps this chapter would be the beginning of the end for this flashback and that we could return to the battle with Tobi and Madara by the end of the month but those hopes have since been destroyed. I'm starting to believe that that one individual's comment in the debate topic about this flashback and the resolution with Sasuke's subplot won't be over for two months. Then again we don't know what we would be returning to. If it's incessant Hinata panels once again with Kishi continuing with his bastardization process of establishing of this once obscured and inconsequential side character into the role of a main protagonist position in the final 10% of the manga then I will have just about lost all hope for that fight. It sounds childish but TBH I haven't been seriously interested in the manga for some time now. Pretty much the only characters that I'm concerned about at this time are Sakura and Kabuto. Tobi was also interesting but that was before the alliance arrived and this whole Hyuga debacle commenced.

May we hope that with the arrival of the month of May that this flashback scene and event with Sasuke will have ceased.

#4 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

don't fight!! just hug it out you guys!

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#5 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

The beginning and middle parts were ok, but I really liked how it ended. Pretty cool how Hashirama and Madara are that much in sync that they think of the same warnings.

It's also interesting to see how now the Senju and Uchiha have the same family set after some of the brothers died: dad, elder brother, and younger brother. Yet again another parallel. Kishi really does it on purpose, doesn't he? laugh.gif

I was hoping for the chance to see Mito but given the pace of this flashback it seems we won't see her for a good while yet. Next chapter will focus in the Senju family vs the Uchiha family, so the plot won't progress until the chapter that comes after that one.

#6 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

can't we just get double chapters?? cause this is gonna take a looong time! I feel it! arg.gif

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#7 fireandice

fireandice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (Atheck @ Mar 6 2013, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once again this was another unnecessarily repetitive chapter with excessive parallelism and minimal progression of the actual plot. I haven't thought of Kishi as even a decent writer in some time now but this is just downright bad. He's so unimaginative with these character relationships because it's the same thing with almost all of these sorts of characters. Sure the appearances and certain details may be altered but overall it's the same thing.

I was hoping that perhaps this chapter would be the beginning of the end for this flashback and that we could return to the battle with Tobi and Madara by the end of the month but those hopes have since been destroyed. I'm starting to believe that that one individual's comment in the debate topic about this flashback and the resolution with Sasuke's subplot won't be over for two months. Then again we don't know what we would be returning to. If it's incessant Hinata panels once again with Kishi continuing with his bastardization process of establishing of this once obscured and inconsequential side character into the role of a main protagonist position in the final 10% of the manga then I will have just about lost all hope for that fight. It sounds childish but TBH I haven't been seriously interested in the manga for some time now. Pretty much the only characters that I'm concerned about at this time are Sakura and Kabuto. Tobi was also interesting but that was before the alliance arrived and this whole Hyuga debacle commenced.

May we hope that with the arrival of the month of May that this flashback scene and event with Sasuke will have ceased.

I think your opinion is also skewed by your interest in Sakura/Kabuto.. To reverse roles, I mean I was seriously bored with the Kabuto flashbacks, because for me I guess Kabuto isn't one of my favourite characters.

I'm interested in Sakura but I've been waiting for ages to see a story about the Founders' generation, so I find the flashbacks interesting. Imo I disagree that the character relationships are unimaginative, because Madara and Hashirama are quite different from Sasuke and Naruto because it's quite clear they were good friends who acknowledged one another, and it's not themselves stopping one another from being friends but all the clan rivalry and politics. That's pretty different from the Sasuke-Naruto thing.

Plus, Madara and Hashirama's fates have been mentioned to be similar to Sasuke and Naruto since P1, and honestly I always thought there were plenty of hints that their relationship was something more than a flimsily pieced together alliance of convenience. I mean they completely founded an organisation that changed the shinobi system...to me that takes some initiative and I enjoy these flashbacks because things make more sense now as Madara seems more complex, not just some warmongering fool bent on vengeance who can't countenance peace.

Edited by fireandice, 06 March 2013 - 08:00 AM.

#8 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

Ugh. This flashback is gonna take forever. It's already lasted 4 chapters hasn't it? And we've still not really made any progression. I wouldn't be so bitter about this if Sakura had been shown doing something before the story switched over, but nope, we're left with nothing and now this flashback looks as though it's gonna likely last MONTHS. T_T Chapter was alright but I'm really not all that excited over what's taking place to be quite honest... Such a slow process.

#9 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

I think your opinion is also skewed by your interest in Sakura/Kabuto..

Yes, because I don't find the tragic tales of Hashirama and Madara as friends turned enemies to be all that exiting.

To reverse roles, I mean I was seriously bored with the Kabuto flashbacks, because for me I guess Kabuto isn't one of my favourite characters.

Good for you. I enjoyed the Kabuto flashbacks whilst finding these recent ones to be monotonous. One notable difference was that the Kabuto flashback wasn't excessively long. IIRC it was about three chapters then it shifted back to the present. This one has been going since 620 and it appears as though it will be continuing for a minimum of 5-6 chapters excluding any potential resolving conversations afterwards.

I'm interested in Sakura but I've been waiting for ages to see a story about the Founders' generation, so I find the flashbacks interesting.

I was actually interested in it as well but for me at least the characters and perpetual recycling of rivals or individuals who may have at one point been companions but are now enemies has been overplayed. It's also due in part to the excessive victimization of the characters. Sure there needs to be some explanation and depth to villains as significant as Madara but depth does not have to nor should it always equate to victimization or ethical ambiguity to such large degrees that we're now debating over whether someone as evil as Orochimaru can't be JnJ'ed.

Imo I disagree that the character relationships are unimaginative, because Madara and Hashirama are quite different from Sasuke and Naruto because it's quite clear they were good friends who acknowledged one another,

That's what the entire foundation of the Sasuke and Naruto relationship has been about. The only difference is that they were more open in their friendship whereas the SN equivalent was short-lived and very questionable in its implications of the two characters being actual friends with each other.

For once I would like to see a relationship that did not involve that concept.

and it's not themselves stopping one another from being friends but all the clan rivalry and politics. That's pretty different from the Sasuke-Naruto thing.

Sasuke and Naruto are products of their own environments just as Madara and Hashirama were. Naruto was instilled with the Will of Fire and the philosophical beliefs of the Senju whereas Sasuke decided to embrace his clan's apparent destiny of hatred after Itachi instilled in him the traditional values of the Uchiha Clan which include the obtainment of power and one's ambitions being fulfilled through the usage of force which can be traced back to the Older Son's ideals of peace involving the usage of force.

The only notable differences are that with Sasuke and Naruto's generation both of their clans have been almost completely wiped out and so their realization of their respective clans' destinies is a tad more subtle.

Plus, Madara and Hashirama's fates have been mentioned to be similar to Sasuke and Naruto since P1,

That merely exemplifies Kishi's capacity to plan out yet another parallel years before actually providing focus to it. It doesn't refute the notion that Kishi is being unoriginal with these characters.

and honestly I always thought there were plenty of hints that their relationship was something more than a flimsily pieced together alliance of convenience.

Look at the answer above this one.

I mean they completely founded an organisation that changed the shinobi system...

This and the origins of the shinobi system are probably the only unique concepts being introduced with these flashbacks. The conflict between the Senju and Uchiha, the friendship/rivalry/war between Hashirama and Madara, and the fatalistic mindsets of certain characters like Hashirama's father which we've been seeing examples of throughout the entire manga as far back as the Land of Waves arc arguably are, to me at least, merely the rehashing of the same old plot points.

Perhaps you're right, but I just don't see it from your perspective and TBH I don't think I'd want to.

to me that takes some initiative and I enjoy these flashbacks because things make more sense now as Madara seems more complex, not just some warmongering fool bent on vengeance who can't countenance peace.

I referenced this several answers above. Complexity is nice, particularly for your primary antagonists, but don't rehash the monotonous concepts of parallelism and moral ambiguity once again. Admittedly if this were before we started receiving so many stories of antagonists who's tales depict them as misguided individuals then perhaps the parallel would work better but when you're this far into the manga and with so many characters having already been given those qualities they lose their impact IMO.

#10 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

I liked this chapter, but like most flashback chapters I can't wait for this to be over (half of your story should not be comprised of flashbacks), anyway we now know how to stop Madara, stand behind him while he pees biggrin.gif . (do Edo Tensei zombie even have to pee? headscratch.gif )

It's nice to know Hashirama and Madara's fathers names even if I already forgot them but hay that's one of the few things Narutopedia is good for. It sucks that there won't be a chapter next week but if next chapter turned out like last weeks chapter (thought based on the last page of this one it probably won't) I'll consider it to be a belated birthday present.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#11 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

Like last week, I'm really liking the way Kishi is portraying Hashirama and Madara's relationship. It's true that there are a lot of similarities with NaruSasu, particularly the "two best friends turned enemies" parallel, but overall I find their dynamic to be very different. For instance, Hashirama is a lot gloomier than Naruto and Madara....well Madara actually seems to like Hashirama as a friend and he seems quite open about it too. tongue.gif

Perhaps something will happen which will further solidify the NaruSasu parallel. Sasuke was also a much kinder and more loving boy before the Uchiha massacre. Maybe something similar will occur here. In any event, Kishi needs to show why how and why these two best friends suddenly became mortal enemies. Maybe it's just because they come from two warring clans and therefore they eventually had to end their friendship and embrace their roles as shinobi. Who knows.

Also, I'm still hoping that Mito will make an apperance. Then again, I'm sure what role the Uzumaki clan played in the war, if any at all. Perhaps Mito didn't even come into the picture until after the war.

Edited by TerrorKing, 06 March 2013 - 09:46 AM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#12 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

Chapter 623.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#13 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

Well...it was a nice one, not wow, but nice.
I still find so many similarities in Madara's and Hashirama's relation to the ones in Ino's and Sakura's surprisingly. Besides the obvious parallelism with NaruSasu.
I'll try to write down about it when I'll have time, to explain why.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#14 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

This flashback will last an entire volume at least, or maybe even two volumes.

next week naruto is on break...mmh, seems legit... lately kishimoto complained of his eyes that were getting tired due to his job...

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#15 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (六道仙人 @ Mar 6 2013, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This flashback will last an entire volume at least, or maybe even two volumes.

next week naruto is on break...mmh, seems legit... lately kishimoto complained of his eyes that were getting tired due to his job...

My eyes are alson tired due to the abuse of flashbacks.

Also her birthday is day 28 so we have 3 dates 20,27 and 3.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 06 March 2013 - 01:13 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#16 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

So we finally find out about Izuna... And we get to see him and his father fight Tobirama and his father. This should be interesting. I wonder if Izuna and Tobirama are anything alike. Izuna looks so young lol.

Hashirama and Madara warned each other, huh? To be expected.
And we finally hear Hashirama's ideas, cool.

Oh, I just noticed that Hashirama and Madara are still there. I wonder if they will intervene.

Overall, I'd say this chapter was pretty boring... Although it was nice to see Madara freak out again, heh.

I knew we'd have a break next week... There's no way we'll see Sakura in time for her birthday. And at this rate we won't see Mito for quite a while, it seems. I wonder how long this flashback will last.

QUOTE (六道仙人 @ Mar 6 2013, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah? Where'd you read that?

@Dαrkrєrsŧ lol'd.

Edited by mydearbeloved, 06 March 2013 - 01:14 PM.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#17 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (mydearbeloved @ Mar 6 2013, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So we finally find out about Izuna... And we get to see him and his father fight Tobirama and his father. This should be interesting. I wonder if Izuna and Tobirama are anything alike. Izuna looks so young lol.

Hashirama and Madara warned each other, huh? To be expected.
And we finally hear Hashirama's ideas, cool.

Oh, I just noticed that Hashirama and Madara are still there. I wonder if they will intervene.

Overall, I'd say this chapter was pretty boring... Although it was nice to see Madara freak out again, heh.

I knew we'd have a break next week... There's no way we'll see Sakura in time for her birthday. And at this rate we won't see Mito for quite a while, it seems. I wonder how long this flashback will last.

Yeah? Where'd you read that?

@Dαrkrєrsŧ lol'd.

he talked that on the last toc...

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#18 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

This chapter is so dull that is impossible to spoiler it.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#19 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

It was alright. Still pretty slow, but it is only 16-18 pages a week. I still think Kishi should be more surveying with less details.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#20 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

I'll be damned, a genuinely great chapter. --Click here to view--
Very well executed, the relationship between the two boys is still unique, it was believable, and the chemistry was great.
Looks like the good writer side of Kishimoto returned for this chapter.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users