40 replies to this topic

#1 EmperorZeo

EmperorZeo

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:53 AM

Let's say somewhere down the line Kishi or someone at SJ decided to a Naruto reboot. Let's say long after Naruto's popularity faded. And no more contract with SP. Would you look forward to it? What changes would you want to see from the original series?

#2 Change

Change

somebody who never wins

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • Interests:Peace
    Curl up, take a nap, and never wake up

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:04 AM

Well 

this is how I'll feel

Posted Image

#3 Jinja14

Jinja14

No Crying Until the End

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku(Duh),Drawing, Video Games, Sakura, Naruto, Kakashi, Lee, Earthbound.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:05 AM

A reboot? Nah, Naruto's too broken to be fixed.

Rest in peace Satoru Iwata

tumblr_n9e34d39XJ1r1shyro1_250.gif   

Take a melody, simple as can be. Give it some words and, sweet harmony.

#4 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:07 AM

I doubt anyone would still be interested in the series years after the spin off finished. There really shouldn't be a spin off in the first place. I would have been against any type of continuation even if it ended with NS

#5 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:08 AM

yes i would look forward to it just as i am looking forward to part 3.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#6 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:11 AM

Another thing to consider is that even if Kishi decided on a reboot, that doesn't really mean it would be better. As we recently discovered, Kishi never had any writing talent and the success of part 1 was due to his first editor.

Even without SP and left to his own devices, a reboot wouldn't suddenly be an improvement

#7 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:14 AM

I will not see it.
Better read naruto plagiat than read naruto reboot.

#8 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:18 AM

Who knows

Maybe a series reboot focusing on other characters and on another part of the world without kishi's influence could be good

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#9 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:20 AM

Who knows

Maybe a series reboot focusing on other characters and on another part of the world without kishi's influence could be good

Maybe, it could happen in the live action movie.

#10 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:25 AM

Maybe, it could happen in the live action movie.

Live action movie? What?

#11 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:27 AM

Live action movie? What?

Movie adaptation.
It could work or become another dissaster like db evolution.

#12 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:29 AM

Movie adaptation.
It could work or become another dissaster like db evolution.

Ah yeah...maybe

I always felt the Naruto world was awesome even with Kishi's lack of worldbuilding talent, the potential is just there waiting to be harnessed.

If someone takes it and does it justice I will be glad

#13 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:55 AM

No because this isn't a remake of a movie that would no longer fit into current day culture, this is a piece of literature, you don't go about changing the ending for this, you can come out later and make statements about being forced to change the ending etc, but you cannot change it. That kittening ending is part of the lore of that universe now, and it's gooing to stay, and it needs to stay.

Many fans of Star Wars want episode 1-3 erased from history and the lore of the universe but it's not going to happen, dispite the Star Wars franchise being part f the movie industry which is known for rewriting and rebooting. I am sure there is allot of content from DragonballZ that the creater wants to erase and rewrite but he can't do it. Same with Harry Potter, JKR probably wants to completely rewrite Ron and Hermione's relationship, either scrapping it completely or maturing Ron to a point he's not a git who's too immature for her, but it can't happen, it's on paper and it's part of the lore of the series.

iAnby7W.gif

#14 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:33 AM

What about 693-700 rebooted and the last rebooted? I might watch that. 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#15 Decius23

Decius23

Fanfiction Junkie

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Fanfiction, Manga, Anime, Gaming, Books, Freeriding, Science

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:21 AM

That would depend on how Kishimoto developed in the time between now and the hypothetical Reboot. If he finally 'grew up' i'd have no problem with a reboot.

No because this isn't a remake of a movie that would no longer fit into current day culture, this is a piece of literature, you don't go about changing the ending for this, you can come out later and make statements about being forced to change the ending etc, but you cannot change it. That sh**ting ending is part of the lore of that universe now, and it's gooing to stay, and it needs to stay.

Many fans of Star Wars want episode 1-3 erased from history and the lore of the universe but it's not going to happen, dispite the Star Wars franchise being part f the movie industry which is known for rewriting and rebooting.

When Warner Bros. bought George Lucas' company they declared the Extended Universe non-canon even though it actually was canon (Hell, Mara Jade, Luke's wife, was one of the most popular characters in the star wars universe).

That means years of professional literature and computer games were basically declared 'fanfiction' so i think it would be no problem, if Kishimoto declared his old Naruto manga 'non-canon'.

Edited by Decius23, 04 April 2015 - 09:22 AM.

What could have been:
gallery_14986_310_31088.jpg

#16 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:25 AM

Doesn't matter if the reboot is success or not. The biggest turn off for Kishi is that he admitted he was misleading a portion of his fandom and called the manga a lie. He and SP thinks that they can demoralize the main principle and morals of this story that there are no shortcuts in life and never to give up and tried to revert back to the original plot. The are solely wrong. No shortcuts is going to win them back the fans that they spat in the face of. No matter how good the reboot could ever be. 

Kishi had one job to do and he failed at it. That job was to apologize and admit that he gave up on this franchise and wanted out of it. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#17 Decius23

Decius23

Fanfiction Junkie

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Fanfiction, Manga, Anime, Gaming, Books, Freeriding, Science

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:33 AM

Doesn't matter if the reboot is success or not. The biggest turn off for Kishi is that he admitted he was misleading a portion of his fandom and called the manga a lie. He and SP thinks that they can demoralize the main principle and morals of this story that there are no shortcuts in life and never to give up and tried to revert back to the original plot. The are solely wrong. No shortcuts is going to win them back the fans that they spat in the face of. No matter how good the reboot could ever be. 

Kishi had one job to do and he failed at it. That job was to apologize and admit that he gave up on this franchise and wanted out of it. 

You are seeing this too much in a 'black and white' pattern. Kishimoto could have been manipulated, coerced even threatened to do what he did. He could be a very meek and soft person not able to truly stand up to more decisive people. After the death of his father he could have lost all will to truly work on Naruto but had to do it because of contract obligations. The same for his interviews. He could be an Otaku who secretly wanked on Hinata. There are many reasons beyond 'i want money'...

What i want to say is that we shouldn't needlessy condemn a person without truly understanding all that is involved. Which maybe we never will.

What could have been:
gallery_14986_310_31088.jpg

#18 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:32 AM

Meh. Out of likes.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#19 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:40 AM

No I need to move on with my life from the g**d***ed ugly mess this franchise became.I gave it my time for a worthless lie that will never be given back so I'm not wasting any more. If he makes a reboot of NS happening good for him, I'll read that little bit but nothing else. This series is a burned down ship and I'm not diving into the ocean to retrieve it. 

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 April 2015 - 10:41 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#20 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:26 AM

That would depend on how Kishimoto developed in the time between now and the hypothetical Reboot. If he finally 'grew up' i'd have no problem with a reboot.

When Warner Bros. bought George Lucas' company they declared the Extended Universe non-canon even though it actually was canon (Hell, Mara Jade, Luke's wife, was one of the most popular characters in the star wars universe).

That means years of professional literature and computer games were basically declared 'fanfiction' so i think it would be no problem, if Kishimoto declared his old Naruto manga 'non-canon'.

Yeah that's why if SWJ or Kishi announce that the books published after the end are no longer canon they can do that,  even the movie could be declared as non canon, because they are all extensions of the original series, you don't need them to understand the main plot. If they announce that they no longer consider it canon it could happen. This is all expanded material from the main series, which is the manga, the anime is not canon it's an adaptation, this is where the series faltered they took a medium that was adapting their original canon material and let it dictate the flow of the canon.

What Kishi can do is rewrite the last two chapters and create an alternate take on the universe, but that's not unlikely to happen, (and as much as I want to blame him for all the crap that has happened, I don't know what kind of contract he was forced into, the thing I got from his interviews was he is bakamono, a complete idiot that ended school with little prospect and that if his career as a mangaka never took off he'd have very little future prospects, so when Shiesha offered him a contract they would have had the upper ground, and this could have led to a situation where he entered into a contract that gave him in a situation where he was forced to comply with the editors opinions...we really don't know.) We'd need a change in upper management at SWJ that has a different view on writing manga to happen.

This universe will always stand, there can be alternate timelines, etc, but for the core fanbase this will be the true canon timeline.

As I said about Star Wars, it's part of the movie industry, an industry that is known to change and rewrite, the book series were canon because Lucas Arts said they were, now that it's changed hands and they want to expand it, the rest can be destroyed because for allot of fans of the series the universe doesn't exist outside canon, it's not part of the movies so it's OK to not exist for them. And if they do deside to nuke episode 1-3 they'd need a complete reboot of series and create a fork in the timeline that would split the universe, like the Star Trek Universe, everything that happened in the universe happened already but for the new reboot to be also considered canon, they created a fork in the timeline that left the original universe as it was and created a whole new timeline for the new one.

I would like to see Kishi rollback the time and create a alternate timeline from the end of pains arc, because I think for many of us this was the point where the story really started to diverge from the point it was originally intended, the writing style, the involvement of Hinata all happened from this arc, think before this point Hinata was only involved with the Neji arc, after that she was forced more on us, and Sakura's role also started to become more questionable, her confidence was higher, her decisions her more decisive and not involve Sasuke, and her popularity was at a all time high. I also think the series lost allot of fans after the arc, you could tell the series lost it's focus, and many fans only stuck with it because they'd been with Naruto for so long. I would like to read the end that was originally planned for this, even if it didn't involve god teir enemies. The war ruined one of the biggest phrases from the manga 'It's the job of the new generation to surpass the previous generation' the war showed us the new gen is weak compared to the past.

iAnby7W.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users