• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

#1 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:03 PM

Is out

From all this chapter, Nagato's actions surprised me more.

Edited by crazyefra, 03 August 2011 - 01:05 PM.

そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#2 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:16 PM

Definitely enjoyed that chapter.

Both of their actions surprised me.

I hope we get to see "old school" Naruto, where he improvises with *all* of the tools he has available, and not just kyuubi chakra.

#3 Kagura

Kagura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:18 PM

so, this "koto amatsukami" thing needs another decade to activate again, eh? which means.. they won't be able to use it on Sasuke? phew... i'm relieved. the guy should be the one to make his choice.

wow, up until now i always thought that Itachi was the greatest Uchiha genjutsu user... headscratch.gif

I still can't understand Nagato's actions... need to re-read the chapter once again.

#4 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (Kagura @ Aug 3 2011, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so, this "koto amatsukami" thing needs another decade to activate again, eh? which means.. they won't be able to use it on Sasuke? phew... i'm relieved. the guy should be the one to make his choice.

wow, up until now i always thought that Itachi was the greatest Uchiha genjutsu user... headscratch.gif

I still can't understand Nagato's actions... need to re-read the chapter once again.

so did I read that right? Did he mean it takes another 10 years to activate, or that it took 10 years to activate from the time he took it from Shishui? Also what was the "not counting Hashirama's chakra" thing in reference too. I'm getting all my references confused. Lastly, I would be willing to be that Naruto's kyuubi chakra speed up the time element for the crow's eyes, like when it was causing trees to grow so quickly all around Naruto.

Gives me false hope — somtimes I read a chapter and think it's going to wrap up in December. Then I read this and it's like hooray another 10 years! That means time skip...and growth...and character development.! Grown up battles and insane powers! Yay! Yay! Yay! But somehow, I don't think that's quite right either. *comes back down to earth* (I have these little anxieties about the manga ending early because I really want to be finished with my fanfic story before Naruto ends. So I get all nervous when people post "Eh, it's going to be over by the spring, fer sure.")

Nice to find out the back story on Shishui. Gives me hope that we'll find out about Rin's backstory when Kakashi has his big endgame fight.

Great chapter. I love to read about the main characters! I don't care what they are doing!

And I'm also really looking forward to a Naruto/Nagato fight. Not Naruto/Pain. Something tells me that this battle will be even more epic than the Pain one!

edit: but then again, people still post Harry Potter fics all the time. so Naruto on ff.net is probably not going to go anywhere either....nevermind. sweatdrop.gif *quits wringing hands over pointless stuff*

Edited by tricksie, 03 August 2011 - 01:41 PM.

#5 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Kagura @ Aug 3 2011, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Crossing my fingers that Nagato didnt perform Human Path soul removal jutsu against Naruto...

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#6 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

Liked this chap very much!

QUOTE (tricksie @ Aug 3 2011, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so did I read that right? Did he mean it takes another 10 years to activate, or that it took 10 years to activate from the time he took it from Shishui? Also what was the "not counting Hashirama's chakra" thing in reference too. I'm getting all my references confused. Lastly, I would be willing to be that Naruto's kyuubi chakra speed up the time element for the crow's eyes, like when it was causing trees to grow so quickly all around Naruto.

Gives me false hope — somtimes I read a chapter and think it's going to wrap up in December. Then I read this and it's like hooray another 10 years! That means time skip...and growth...and character development.! Grown up battles and insane powers! Yay! Yay! Yay! But somehow, I don't think that's quite right either. *comes back down to earth* (I have these little anxieties about the manga ending early because I really want to be finished with my fanfic story before Naruto ends. So I get all nervous when people post "Eh, it's going to be over by the spring, fer sure.")

Nice to find out the back story on Shishui. Gives me hope that we'll find out about Rin's backstory when Kakashi has his big endgame fight.

Great chapter. I love to read about the main characters! I don't care what they are doing!

And I'm also really looking forward to a Naruto/Nagato fight. Not Naruto/Pain. Something tells me that this battle will be even more epic than the Pain one!

edit: but then again, people still post Harry Potter fics all the time. so Naruto on ff.net is probably not going to go anywhere either....nevermind. sweatdrop.gif *quits wringing hands over pointless stuff*

I think it was meant to show, that why Danzo was waiting for Shisuis eye to become functional again, when he fought Madara and Sasuke.

QUOTE (Kim @ Aug 3 2011, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I was right, Itachi's plan did fail. But don't worry, I still love you! biggrin.gif
Khm, anyway... It was interesting to finally find out what happened to Shisui, I'm glad that it wasn't Itachi who killed him after all. Too bad about the plan, though. It could've worked but it would've been too simple. Now we can't rely on Itachi or his crow again, so I guess if Sasuke's gonna be saved it will all be Naruto's credit. Ah...

Reply no.2 and some thought --Click here to view--
I'm waiting very anxiously to see what else is revealed from the past. Readers have been made to believe that Itachi killed Shisui in orfer to get himself the Mangekyo and also that Shisui was meant to spy on Itachi for the Uchiha clan. Now we get to know that in reality maybe Shisui was going to be part of the Uchiha cleansing, but he died before it happened... So the plot is twisting itself, well I hope that it will be spinning, in a big way.

Also, what other means there are to gain Mangekyo? Shisui and Itachi were best friends, altough Itachi could have gained it because of Shisuis death and from my understating Madara and his brother were too.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#7 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (Hak @ Aug 3 2011, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it was meant to show, that why Danzo was waiting for Shisuis eye to become functional again, when he fought Madara and Sasuke.
Ah! That makes sense.

#8 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:11 PM

cool chapter --Click here to view--
Kishi really made a confusing chapter for me this time...or rather translations were weird.
Like Tricksie said, I don't get the Senju Hashirama piece of the chapter. And yes, it looks like
Kishi really is in a way wrapping things up by bringing up all the old characters and side characters.

Edited by naruto-z, 03 August 2011 - 02:12 PM.

#9 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:26 PM

This chapter was better than the last it was epic bad ass. I fear Kabuto will try to steal the other eye of Shisui which Madara took when Danzo killed himself. He's obviously planning to use the power of the genjutsu for something. In general I give this chapter a 10/10 truly awesome.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#10 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Aug 3 2011, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This chapter was better than the last it was epic bad ass. I fear Kabuto will try to steal the other eye of Shisui which Madara took when Danzo killed himself. He's obviously planning to use the power of the genjutsu for something. In general I give this chapter a 10/10 truly awesome.

No, remember....Danzo crushed it before dying. The only one left is the one Naruto holds within his guts. But I thought about the possibility of Madara stealing it from Naruto.

#11 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (Kim @ Aug 3 2011, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I was right, Itachi's plan did fail. But don't worry, I still love you! biggrin.gif
Khm, anyway... It was interesting to finally find out what happened to Shisui, I'm glad that it wasn't Itachi who killed him after all. Too bad about the plan, though. It could've worked but it would've been too simple. Now we can't rely on Itachi or his crow again, so I guess if Sasuke's gonna be saved it will all be Naruto's credit. Ah...

I think he means both. It took 10 years to activate the first time and now that he's used it it will take another 10 to activate again.

It had to fail. Not only would it have been simple it would have been unsatisfying and resolved nothing. Sasuke would essentially be controlled into defending Konoha without a genuine resolution of Sasuke's hatred for the village. Second, given Madara's voluminous knowledge about well...everything, I don't it would have worked anyway. It would have been interesting to see Sasuke's reaction if he figured out what happened.

#12 Kagura

Kagura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:41 PM

Yeah, I believe he meant both. And yeah, I also dunno what he meant by Hashirama's chakra thing. headscratch.gif
off topic: you frite fanfiction?? can you provide me with a link to you FF page? I 'd love to read it!! happy.gif

I guess I figured something about Nagato's actions..
Look here.. looks like Madara, don't you think? I believe that Madara cancelled edo tensei (Kabuto taught him earlier how it works, didn't he?), Nagato's rinnengan proves this - it turned blue/gray whatever color it is.

#13 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (Kagura @ Aug 3 2011, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I believe he meant both. And yeah, I also dunno what he meant by Hashirama's chakra thing. headscratch.gif
off topic: you frite fanfiction?? can you provide me with a link to you FF page? I 'd love to read it!! happy.gif
I guess I figured something about Nagato's actions..
Look here.. looks like Madara, don't you think? I believe that Madara cancelled edo tensei (Kabuto taught him earlier how it works, didn't he?), Nagato's rinnengan proves this - it turned blue/gray whatever color it is.

I dont think it's Madara. I thought it was Killer Bee.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#14 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:46 PM

Wait how did Itachi know this Koto Amatsukami only works once a decade? I doubt Shisui had activated the Ms long enough to know the time line for recharge, or did it come with a manual or something? Well Either way, it's a bit pointless now as Naruto can no longer use it against Sasuke, though wonder if he will still be able to use the regular Sharingan's power, which for a Genjutsu flop would be very useful.

Again with the Senju Hishirama's Chakra, why is it only his Chakra is so powerful? his owns brothers and grandchildren don't have the power...it's something that makes no sense to me, why is it all Uchiha are capable of unlocking their bloodline, (and same with every other clan with bloodlines or special abilities,) but for some reason, the Senju and Uzumaki clans who are the the embodiment of the Sage of the six paths spiritual power, don't seem to pass on the traits? Harishima's children can't use Motokun, and Naruto can't use the Chakra chains...this might be what bugs me more than anything else in the Manga, why are the rules different for these two clans?

Oh well it still takes a interesting turn, Kabutomaru now has the possability of being the ultimate villain, he has the First Hokage's Chakra thanks to Yamoto and the Zetsu's clone army, and he's controlling a undead Rinnigan user...who might be able to steal the MS, so he's capable of reactivating the Koto-Amatsukami (again how does Itachi know about the chakra hving the power to do so? The first Hokage was dead for atleast a decade before he was born.)

I think i'll probably have to read the chapter a few more times before I conclude if I like it or not, it raised too many questions.

iAnby7W.gif

#15 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:51 PM

The Hashirama's chakra thing was that his chakra allows Shisui's genjutsu to speed up its cooldown time. Remember Danzou?? he used Shisui's genjutsu and stated he can only use it once a day. But that's thanks to Hashirama's chakra that was implanted in him. But I think Naruto's RM can also do that.

It was said that Hashirama's chakra had life-giving properties to it and Naruto's RM chakra is the same as well.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#16 Kagura

Kagura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Namaenash @ Aug 3 2011, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont think it's Madara. I thought it was Killer Bee.

*face-palm* i totally forgot about Bee! facepalm.png
hmmm... yeah, guess you're right. but still have a feeling that Madara is somehow involved in this. need next chapter to be sure.

#17 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Aug 3 2011, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait how did Itachi know this Koto Amatsukami only works once a decade? I doubt Shisui had activated the Ms long enough to know the time line for recharge, or did it come with a manual or something? Well Either way, it's a bit pointless now as Naruto can no longer use it against Sasuke, though wonder if he will still be able to use the regular Sharingan's power, which for a Genjutsu flop would be very useful.

Again with the Senju Hishirama's Chakra, why is it only his Chakra is so powerful? his owns brothers and grandchildren don't have the power...it's something that makes no sense to me, why is it all Uchiha are capable of unlocking their bloodline, (and same with every other clan with bloodlines or special abilities,) but for some reason, the Senju and Uzumaki clans who are the the embodiment of the Sage of the six paths spiritual power, don't seem to pass on the traits? Harishima's children can't use Motokun, and Naruto can't use the Chakra chains...this might be what bugs me more than anything else in the Manga, why are the rules different for these two clans?

Oh well it still takes a interesting turn, Kabutomaru now has the possability of being the ultimate villain, he has the First Hokage's Chakra thanks to Yamoto and the Zetsu's clone army, and he's controlling a undead Rinnigan user...who might be able to steal the MS, so he's capable of reactivating the Koto-Amatsukami (again how does Itachi know about the chakra hving the power to do so? The first Hokage was dead for atleast a decade before he was born.)

I think i'll probably have to read the chapter a few more times before I conclude if I like it or not, it raised too many questions.

Its kinda hard to understand if you DON'T reread it sometimes biggrin.gif

So Itachi Had Shisui eye and Danzo had the other one huh? and now Nagato is restored to full health things are getting INTENSE wow.png

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 August 2011 - 03:01 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#18 Kobayashi

Kobayashi

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, photography, computers, games...

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Aug 3 2011, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Hashirama's chakra thing was that his chakra allows Shisui's genjutsu to speed up its cooldown time. Remember Danzou?? he used Shisui's genjutsu and stated he can only use it once a day. But that's thanks to Hashirama's chakra that was implanted in him. But I think Naruto's RM can also do that.

It was said that Hashirama's chakra had life-giving properties to it and Naruto's RM chakra is the same as well.

Too many variables, everything can happen now. I agree with you kyubi chakra could do it. If eye is real stuff, then itachi can leave it now to naruto, and when time comes and madara throws ultimate genjustsu on everyone than, naruto will be the one who will throw genjustsu to cancell madaras jutsu, freeing everyone from madaras controll i think it is possible. Cause his chakra is full of energy so unlike danzo where shisui eye recovered every day, eye used by naruto could be refreshed every minute by the enormous amount of chakra that naruto now posses in RM mode.Also, itachi sincronised with the eye on the crow so maybe naruto could do that too later when time comes. So he doesnt need to transplant the eye. Something will happen with the eye, i dont know what but eye could be put to good use.

Edited by Kobayashi, 03 August 2011 - 03:11 PM.

#19 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Aug 3 2011, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... why is it all Uchiha are capable of unlocking their bloodline...

Not all. On chapter 12, page 8, Sasuke thinks: "The Sharingan is a special physical condition that only appears in a select few members of the Uchiha clan..."

I suspect it is like the hyuga clan. We are only seeing the "royalty" with the unlocked bloodlines (like Neji and Hinata), not the rank and file members that make up most of the clan.

#20 rastaman

rastaman

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

I find it quite annoying that Kabuto is becoming stronger and Naruto gets his chakra sucked out ALREADY. Why must it be so cliched and the villains ALWAYS have the upper card till the very end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users