• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Inferno

Fire Inferno

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Naruto and Bleach!<br />House and Grey's!

Posted 18 June 2007 - 04:16 PM

I've often wondered what motivates authors to write fan fictions. For me personally, I write Naruto fictions because personally, I think the manga has gotten EXTREMELY boring and isn't focusing as much on Naruto as I want it to. Therefore, I try to make my fictions focus alot on Naruto (or relatively close) and very exciting. So, to all you authors out there, why do you write?

#2 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:31 PM

I don't write that much, but the main reason I write is when I need to get something off my chest. Thus, making most of my writings AAAANGST! XDD!

Good Thread, btw.

#3 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:03 PM

I write because I too have ideas in my head that aren't there in the manga/anime, so I write them down. I sometimes get a idea and then I just have to write it down.
Another reason is that I actually like the Naruto x Sakura pairing so much that I want to convince people to become a narusaku fan too by reading my stories. Practically all of my stories focus on Naruto and Sakura romance. But I love to throw in some action and angst too. I try to stay close to the manga with most of the stories, but change them a little. I just want to see more romance in Naruto;)
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#4 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:36 PM

I write...because I just love writing! happy.gif

It's just an urge I get...a feeling to express and share all of the different thoughts, and emotions I have about a particular series. Sometimes I'll get an urge so powerful, and compelling that I'll feel as if I have no choice but to put it down on paper...or computer as the case may be tongue.gif

And I always try to give my absolute very best when I write! happy.gif

I love crafting and creating new stories for people to read...because I have fun doing it. And to me, that's the secret to ALL writing...not just fanfiction writing. Enjoy yourself...have fun with whatever it is that you're doing. Because if you're having fun and enjoying it...then everyone else will enjoy it with you! happy.gif

And as Jo said, this is a great topic! :thumbs:

#5 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:52 PM

Why? Because I can. tongue.gif

uc.png

#6 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:14 PM

Hmm...Because I made a deal with Xar and Kenhime that I would. biggrin.gif

Actually, I think Sakura-chan covers it pretty well. Writing fiction is fun and it's nice to see see you ideas come alive...to use an old cliche'. I really enjoy being able to expand on, manipulate, and speculate about the characters and various aspects of the universe.

One of the reason I write Naruto is because there so much that can be done with the universe and characters that isn't touched in canon. One of the reasons I like crack so much, is because when I write and read I want to do things that aren't explored in canon and in some cases give depth to characters that don't have it and flesh out relationships (both friendship and romantic) that I think I have potential or just strike my interest.

#7 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:25 PM

I write it because it's fun and also to deal with situations the Manga doesn't deal with. Also because some fan fics aren't up my alley and I want something tailored to me.
"Fact: The fandom makes characters look hotter and act hornier than they actually are..."

#8 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:23 AM

Short answer: I don't know.
Long answer: To hone skills related to animation and story plotting.

#9 Guest_shirafuji_*

Guest_shirafuji_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:28 AM

Because I feel like it. No Fear, no restraints.

#10 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Jun 18 2007, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why? Because I can. tongue.gif

that's actually the exact words ThunderReaper uses in his story the Dichotomy of Uzumaki Naruto (may be spelled wrong). =P that's a side track though. ^^;;
fanfiction in particular? because i wanna get feed back and improve my writing in general so that one day i may be able to write my own book.
writing in general? well writing is a way by which i can express my thoughts and feelings -- it's the same reason i draw, to express my emotions. but not only that i think all books/stories/etc have a message in them, and i like reading it and debating/talking/discussing about that message, its truth, its worth. makes for good conversations, and i just like hanging around with ppl and talking about interesting stuff. writing's just a way i can get my opinion out there.

#11 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:07 AM

I write because I love it; I have ideas that I think would make good stories, and so I can't resist writing them out. I have a lot of unfinished original fiction on my computer - some of which I hope to publish someday.

As for why I write fanfiction, I often find myself immersed in a series (be it books, manga, anime, etc.), and I start thinking "Wouldn't it be cool if...?" I also find it a fun challenge as a writer because I have to do my best to maintain the characterizations and "rules of the universe" put forth by the original creator - something not always as easy as it sounds.

#12 Kusakabe

Kusakabe

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:58 AM

Hmm, I write because I love creating things. Well, that is why I make stories, I guess. But why to I physically write? Well, when I'm a'browsing for something to read the vast amount of NaruHina and SasuNaru sorta puts me off. Enough-so to warrent me to boot up one of my chapters and work on them...

#13 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:34 AM

I write to save meself from death by plotbunny DX

NOT.

biggrin.gif

Seriously though...... i write just to see where my imagination takes the story. Its amazing how a story can evolve while one is writing it (not to mention it amuses (and frustrates) the writer to no end when this happens. smile.gif ). the characters literally get a life of their own... and that itself is enough reason for me tongue.gif

(while technically i havent written much yet.... it is ineveitable that i eventually will... although i dunno if i'll ever gather the courage to actually publish my tale... *shrugs* )

#14 ia3

ia3

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:14 PM

Hmm, i would say, in addition to everything that's already been said, i write to create stories i want to read.

I agree also that this is an awesome thread. I needa rediscover my motivation to actually write tongue.gif , just in case ppl are reading.

To disgrace oneself is something a samurai should never do.

#15 SakuDotz

SakuDotz

Fly away to Dotzland! :D

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interest would probably be in potatoes and lot's of funtastic things....

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:46 PM

I actually write because I'd love the plot of the Naruto manga to expand. More emotions, and more interactions between characters. I just let my imagination inspire me.

#16 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:46 PM

I write because I enjoy reading a good fanfic to keep me from getting too bored, and I want to be able to do the same for other people. I also like to write so I can put my ideas down in words, and I like trying to be original where so many others fail.

#17 shiroihato

shiroihato

IESU, Rex admirabilis! Servatis A Pereculum!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Sakunaru<br />Sakura Haruno fanfiction<br />writing my novel<br />Evenesance, The Fray, All American Rejects<br />Japan/ Japanese<br />(Nihon, Nihongo)

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (SakuNaruLover @ Jun 18 2007, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I write because I too have ideas in my head that aren't there in the manga/anime, so I write them down. I sometimes get a idea and then I just have to write it down.
Another reason is that I actually like the Naruto x Sakura pairing so much that I want to convince people to become a narusaku fan too by reading my stories. Practically all of my stories focus on Naruto and Sakura romance. But I love to throw in some action and angst too. I try to stay close to the manga with most of the stories, but change them a little. I just want to see more romance in Naruto;)

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 18 2007, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I write...because I just love writing! happy.gif

It's just an urge I get...a feeling to express and share all of the different thoughts, and emotions I have about a particular series. Sometimes I'll get an urge so powerful, and compelling that I'll feel as if I have no choice but to put it down on paper...or computer as the case may be tongue.gif

And I always try to give my absolute very best when I write! happy.gif
Me Too!
あなたの幸せ願うほど わがままが増えてくよ-
The more I wish for your happiness, the more selfish I become

My Mibba- Paradox Complex ~ My FF.net Account ~My Useless Youtube ~The Mary Sue Test

#18 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:09 PM

Well, I write cuz its loads of fun. Reading other peoples stories motivates me, like Shauna's fic, which inspired a LOT of my story plots, and a lot more.

I also like experimenting with crossovers ( I've done too many of those already sweatdrop.gif ). Some of my previous crossovers that failed and succeeded:

PokemonxNaruto - My practice fic for this failed, but now my new one is coming along great, I just need some more background info about teh Pokemon xD

Shaman KingxNaruto - Completly failed. -hangs head in shame-

Harry PotterxNaruto - I don't even know why I did this........ Failed.

NarutoxMegaman - I did this fun, I was completly addicted to Megaman then, so yeah. Failed/Succeeded

And I have more that I can't think of... =.= So back to topic, writing id really fun, you can make a depressed person really happy from reading a humor fic, make someone cry tears of happiness with a emotional fic with a sad happy ending, and etc. =3

LOVE IS WAR,

#19 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Deidara Lover @ Jun 29 2007, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I write cuz its loads of fun. Reading other peoples stories motivates me, like Shauna's fic, which inspired a LOT of my story plots, and a lot more.

...Really o.o

*Is flattered* 121721.gif

I'm glad that I could inspire you, a fellow writer somehow a_hug.gif

QUOTE (Deidara Lover @ Jun 29 2007, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I have more that I can't think of... =.= So back to topic, writing id really fun, you can make a depressed person really happy from reading a humor fic, make someone cry tears of happiness with a emotional fic iwth a sad happy ending, and etc. =3

And I agree with this 100% 111191.gif

#20 whoamii

whoamii

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 05:43 AM

I love writing, don't really know why but to be honest I've never posted any of my stories...Might have something to do with the fact that even though I've got everything planned out, I have not finished any of the stories. In a way, I'm saving you all because I know that i hate it when authors don't finish a fic, especially if it was extremely good. I have one Naruto fic that is a WIP (Work in progress) I plan to keep that to myself
And dare I say, I've had a recent fascination with Bleach and Naruto cross overs and have started writing one myself...shame on me? I'm most certainly keeping that one to myself...hehe
Well, those are the fanfics. I also have original works, two of them actually. I might explain the plot of those one day when I'm not so scared....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users