• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#1 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:51 PM

Here
it was okay, they added a couple of filler scenes but nothing too bad. The only thing, imo, that got ruined was Sakura's loving smile when Naruto falls asleep.

そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#2 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:59 PM

Pierot kind of messed up Sakura's fond smile in the chapter it looked nothing like the manga even if it was a minor detail (which is the manga is a big important detail due that her smile is the same she gave him when he saved her from Gaara or when she first met him after two years) it seemed they are downgrading her character again. The rest of the chapter was okay.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

episode thoughts --Click here to view--
Yeah I was annoyed that they underplayed Sakura's smile a bit, it was still fond looking, but not to the level Kishimoto drew it. On the other hand I liked the Yamato scolds Naruto filler and Naruto apologizes to him, it balanced out when Kakashi told Sakura to apologize to the others. Naruto might not have knocked out Yamato but he did fake him out and abandon him- and left damages behind too. And hey folks, it gives a Naruto and Sakura parallel to the episode, so that makes up a bit on the weaker fond smile. Naruto's "Sasuke is Sasuke" filler line with Kakakshi and Sakura smiling though was really off- the guy just said he wanted to kill everyone and tried to kill Sakura and Kakashi.... Oh well.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#4 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

I liked the episode. After the fight, flashbacks and angst it was fun and refreshing. The smile maybe wasn't as good as in the manga but it could've been worse. Anyways I'm super satisfied with it.

#5 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:49 PM

Oh. Please this shapter as just Horrible! Sakura's smile while she observed Naruto was absolutely negligible. Meanwhile every time someone spoke of Sasuke she had some kind of reaction. It was completely different from the manga. They really are trying to make Naruto and Sakura looks "just friends"? After all that happened? The way fast and unexplained of the manga scenes was much better than these... slow, apathetic and aimless form in the anime! There was tension in the manga! Slightly broken by the way more relaxed of Naruto.

And the phrase of Naruto "Sasuke is Sasuke." It was absolutely out of context and ridiculous.

Worse Chapter of the Arch "team7 meeting." They all were bad! But this...F*CKOF!!!!

I'm scared about the intentions of Kishi and producers.

Very anxious for the next manga. If there is no NaruSaku, the Things are getting ugly on our side.

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog
My Twitter: @themanara

#6 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

Well ... Sakura looks not very ... embarrassed.
Imho she acted like an outstanding person. Pissed me off a little bit rolleyes.gif
But Bee was damn epic! I love this guy xD

Jup, m2 ... rolleyes.gif
The only thing wich keeps me up is that this part of "Narusaku" was never planned to be the biggest "bomb" of this ship.
So just wait ...

Edited by lupina, 23 June 2011 - 05:04 PM.

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#7 KoolKat

KoolKat

Feisty <3

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:18 PM

loveee this ep! cute how sakura was smiling at naruto when he was asleep! (it was a sweeter smile in the manga) i cant wait for next weeks episode.
i cant wait for the episode where naruto meets kushina to come out! and to see dark naruto... though that wont be for a while!
and that "sasuke is sasuke"....O_O

Edited by KoolKat, 23 June 2011 - 11:06 PM.

#8 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Manara @ Jun 23 2011, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very anxious for the next manga. If there is no NaruSaku, the Things are getting ugly on our side.

What the anime adaption does has nothing to do with Kishimoto. It's been obvious since chapter 3 that Naruto and Sakura would end up together. Shonen Jump's editors aren't going to bother Kishimoto about romantic ships, narusaku has been more popular in Japan all along than in the west. The tsundere girl falling in love with the boy who has loved her all along is a well loved storyline in Japan.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#9 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Manara @ Jun 23 2011, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Worse Chapter of the Arch "team7 meeting." They all were bad! But this...F*CKOF!!!!

Meh, I'd still rather have this than pointless flashbacks. As long as they don't add some filler of Sasuke giving her a flower or some crap, or have Sakura thinking about her feelings for Sasuke in a positive way, I really don't mind what they do. I think we should stop expecting Emmy award winning episodes every week, and just enjoy the anime for what it is.

I don't think Kishi has a constant say on what happens in the anime. Considering how new chapters of the manga come out every week, he'd have to be very busy to pay attention to everything the anime does. I'm guessing he just stamps a document saying to go ahead with whatever they have planned. As long as it doesn't flat out contradict stuff he's written, I really doubt he minds. Besides, look at what the anime did during the Immortals Arc, the 2011 OVA, and a few of the ending themes, and you'll see they aren't really pushing any specific pairing.

Also, I'd hardly say things are ugly on our side. The anime is the anime, and the manga just still has some character development left before NS becomes canon.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 23 June 2011 - 07:00 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#10 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:09 PM

There were some bad parts in this episode, such as the writers forgetting Sakura's character growth again, and some of the filler bits were annoying and didn't match what the situation was going for. And that "Sasuke is Sasuke" garbage was just... painful.

There were, however, some good filler bits. Yamato getting ticked at being left behind was pretty funny, and some of Karin's added lines were pretty good.

It was alright. Not bad, but not really good, either. Kind of just... there, really.

#11 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:51 PM

not exactly blown away by this episode myself. They really did underplay alot of the Naruto and Sakura interaction this time. The smile wasnt as fond as it should have been and they definately were alot closer during this chapter.

the flahsback of the infiltraton was interesting And I too liked the expansion of Karins role here.

meh over all an average episode made so by the directors messing around with Sakura here.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#12 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:09 PM

sasuke is sasuke --Click here to view--
ARRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!! naruto didnt say that!! >:U "sasuke is sasuke" biggrin.gif dont smile!!
.....sigh...well sakura was getting lectured back and forth and so was naruto...that was kinda funny..T^T....why did they add that line..???

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#13 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

Its meant to be a team 7 line. Sasuke is their teamate and friend basically. thats the intent as I see it of the line.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#14 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Jun 23 2011, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its meant to be a team 7 line. Sasuke is their teamate and friend basically. thats the intent as I see it of the line.

to me it just didnt seem the right time to say that. we have karin over there saying she doesnt care about him for what he did. while naruto is saying "sasuke is sasuke"

i dont know it seemed kinda weird.....but maybe thats just me.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (Manara @ Jun 23 2011, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh. Please this shapter as just Horrible! Sakura's smile while she observed Naruto was absolutely negligible. Meanwhile every time someone spoke of Sasuke she had some kind of reaction. It was completely different from the manga. They really are trying to make Naruto and Sakura looks "just friends"? After all that happened? The way fast and unexplained of the manga scenes was much better than these... slow, apathetic and aimless form in the anime! There was tension in the manga! Slightly broken by the way more relaxed of Naruto.

And the phrase of Naruto "Sasuke is Sasuke." It was absolutely out of context and ridiculous.

easy Manara, take it easy hugs* a_hug.gif its all good. Its the animators, not Kishimoto doing this excessive nonsense. It will all work out a_thumbs.gif for us

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 23 2011, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What the anime adaption does has nothing to do with Kishimoto. It's been obvious since chapter 3 that Naruto and Sakura would end up together. Shonen Jump's editors aren't going to bother Kishimoto about romantic ships, narusaku has been more popular in Japan all along than in the west. The tsundere girl falling in love with the boy who has loved her all along is a well loved storyline in Japan.

hell yeah ciardha! high fives* but the tsunderes in other stories did not love someone else before falling in love with the main protagonist that's why why some of our comrades on edge sometimes sad.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#16 Master Sage

Master Sage

RASENGAN...... it never gets old

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:53 PM

I would say that this episode was a 10/10 but they messed up a bit with the filler and the downplay of Sakura's smile to Naruto. When i saw that sweet smile in the manga i thought hey that is the same great smile she always gives Naruto. However in this episode it was just an average every day smile which was -1 points.

The filler parts were not all that bad. I liked what Karin had to say as i really do like her character despite her being a sasuke fangirl (well at least used to be).Seeing Yamato was also nice, and i really liked that scene i thought it was funny.

However they kinda crossed the line with Sasuke is still Sasuke and then everyone smiling.....wtf did studio pierott just forget everything that just happened the previous 5 or 6 chapters? Sasuke is not Sasuke one bit even Naruto understands that a little bit. Sakura even said that Sasuke had changed so why should she suddenly change her opinion when Naruto says that Sasuke is Sasuke. Ehhh whatever -1.5 points for that.

Either way it was an good episode can't wait till next week wink.gif

Edited by Master Sage, 23 June 2011 - 11:04 PM.

#17 Hokage Sennin

Hokage Sennin

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:14 PM

I actually like the episode, REALLY like it, especially as it is a breather after the flashback torture, and they put the fillers right. As for Sakura's smile, it' still a smile after all, so I'm happy. And the Bee concert made my day tongue.gif

9/10

Future episode bet --Click here to view--
Oh this is nothing, I just bet that Naruto will say shannaro when Sakura tells him that Tsunade woke up tongue.gif

#18 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jun 23 2011, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
easy Manara, take it easy hugs* a_hug.gif its all good. Its the animators, not Kishimoto doing this excessive nonsense. It will all work out a_thumbs.gif for us

hell yeah ciardha! high fives* but the tsunderes in other stories did not love someone else before falling in love with the main protagonist that's why why some of our comrades on edge sometimes sad.gif

There's plenty of shonen manga like that too, where the tsundere girl starts by having a one sided crush on a guy not interested in her. (you can even go right back to the first full blown tsundere source character: Akane Tendo- she crushed on Dr Tofu- and even grew her hair long because she thought that was what he liked... it took some time for her to develop feelings for Ranma.)

Kishimoto said long ago that Sakura thinking her feelings for Sasuke was what love was about was just done to show Sakura was young and misguided about love. She's grown up and faced the reality that one sided crushes are pointless and fell in love for real with the boy who loved her- a boy that had to learn too that the girl he loves was no longer the unattainable dream girl who thought she was in love with someone else, but a young woman who is very "attainable" now.

#19 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 23 2011, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I not only know all this things, as I using these and many other arguments in my writings. But times are changing, and I feel changes pro SS in the manga (damn picture of Sakura thinking in Sasuke and Hinata thinking in Naruto) and in the anime.

But I still NaruSaku till the end. Kishimoto did not ruin his work that way. No!

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog
My Twitter: @themanara

#20 HenryFlitzroy

HenryFlitzroy

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:27 PM

Quite a bit of comedic relief in this one.

But what was the ''Sasuke is Sasuke'' thing all about, seems so damn unfitting after Karin and Sakura noticing just how much he has changed for the worse.
We spend all our youth chasing money, and when we attain it, we spend all our money chasing youth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users